The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hello from Montana (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8571)

Ranger275 31-01-2017 03:37 AM

Hello from Montana

Hello
I ran across this forum looking for info on tilt rotators and have enjoyed reading the post on it. Its interesting reading how things are done in other parts of the world. i just ordered a Rototilt for a pc 170-10 komatsu and would like to hear feed back from contractors who have used them.
Thanks
Ryan

800CLC 31-01-2017 05:30 AM

Re: Hello from Montana

Hello from Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada just the other side of the line from you, where in Montana do you live?

Shovelhands 31-01-2017 06:46 AM

Welcome Ryan:)

I'm not in the tilty club, but will be interested in how you get on with your new purchase, hope you can share some pics in the future:)

James

pond digger 31-01-2017 06:49 AM

Welcome Ryan, everyone's going tilty mad on here ( apart from me, cause I can't afford one:( ) so you've come to the right place. What's the weather doing with you?

JD450A 31-01-2017 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pond digger (Post 151164)
Welcome Ryan, everyone's going tilty mad on here ( apart from me, cause I can't afford one:( )

That's a bold statement :p

Welcome Ryan, What type of work do you do with your Kommie?

V8Druid 31-01-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pond digger (Post 151164)
Welcome Ryan, everyone's going tilty mad on here ( apart from me, cause I can't afford one:( ) so you've come to the right place. What's the weather doing with you?

LOL Chris! .... neither could I, so I made one :D not the prettiest out there but does what I want ;) Welcome Ryan ..... looking forward to your pix and inputs :cool:

liamkav 31-01-2017 07:00 PM

welcome along, nice machine the 170 i find mine handles the tilty well, what size dipper have you got?

Ranger275 10-02-2017 01:45 AM

Hello to all and thanks for the replies. Sorry for the late response, all the messages went to my spam box.

800clc I live and work around the Billings area, so south central Montana. What kind of work do you do up north?

Pond Digger the weather has sucked here for the past 2 months. Sub zero and lots of snow. Warmed up to 45f today, way nicer but lots of mud for a while now.Hows the weather been there?

Jd450a I do mostly residential site work, septic systems and demo with some smaller subdivison work occassioaly.

liamkav the 170 has a 9'10' stick on it. Might be long for the rototill being with a pin grabber my 60" bucket comes within an inch of the cab. Im the only one who operates it so not to worried about dinging the cab. What length is the dipper on your 170 and what kink of tilt rotator do you have on yours?

Ill gets some pics when figure out how to put them on here. First time on any sort of forum and not great with computers but Ill figure it out.

Thanks again for all the responses!!

800CLC 10-02-2017 01:21 PM

Yeah posting pictures is a pain in the arse on this forum sadly. I upload my pictures on to Facearse and then right click save as to a folder on my computer then the file seems to be small enough to upload here. I do all kinds of work but since moving here I've spent more time working out of town than in, as its been pretty slow here in Alberta since oil prices crashed. I'm also trying to acquire my own walking excavator.

Before I forget I should probably elaborate more on what I do ditching and drainage related work, basement and foundation excavation, demolition, brush mulching, site prep, sewer and water, and I can drive truck if I really have to.

liamkav 10-02-2017 07:08 PM

This its mine, she has a 2.6m dipper with an Engcon tilty and top hitch.http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/...psk5mls29y.jpg