The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Innovations and New Technology (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   long reach excavators (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9141)

robex 210 20-06-2018 07:55 PM

long reach excavators
 
just looking on the net and came across this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwyQ4V5TArU
just an extenderhoe i know but looks pretty useful

komatsu 20-06-2018 09:17 PM

Re: long reach excavators
 
There quite handy to have, old man has one of these back home, and just seen that there is another one that has come available, think Iím right in saying that Masonís did the conversion at the time http://www.tsplantsales.com/product/...quedipper.html

Shovelhands 20-06-2018 09:52 PM

Re: long reach excavators
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by komatsu (Post 162109)
There quite handy to have, old man has one of these back home, and just seen that there is another one that has come available, think Iím right in saying that Masonís did the conversion at the time http://www.tsplantsales.com/product/...quedipper.html

Your right Ollie, Mason Engineering did two iirc, I spoke to a guy there about the conversion, interestingly they had never gone any further with the idea, lack of demand perhaps?

robex 210 21-06-2018 01:19 AM

Re: long reach excavators
 
I found it on Molsons web page when looking at Hyundai machines machines,but i see they do the same for Kobelco
Don't know if it's them who do it or manufacturer supplied
JUst seemed a pretty good idea for a 360,after all it's pretty standard now on a back hoe

komatsu 21-06-2018 06:33 AM

Re: long reach excavators
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shovelhands (Post 162112)
Your right Ollie, Mason Engineering did two iirc, I spoke to a guy there about the conversion, interestingly they had never gone any further with the idea, lack of demand perhaps?

Itís been done very nicely, and even the counter weight on the back is done by them. They used to turn out some very bespoke stuff. The one we have belonged to a ground working firm on building sites, and had been looked after very well. Not sure if it was lack of demand for them or just that they were just ahead of there time, cos starting to see more of them around now. Old man also has a 130 hitachi with extending dipper, but that came from the factory and was made by hitachi themselves.

Shovelhands 21-06-2018 07:06 AM

Re: long reach excavators
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robex 210 (Post 162122)
I found it on Molsons web page when looking at Hyundai machines machines,but i see they do the same for Kobelco
Don't know if it's them who do it or manufacturer supplied
JUst seemed a pretty good idea for a 360,after all it's pretty standard now on a back hoe

It looks like an Ulrich Attachments dipper. Or a very similar design.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.