The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Photos (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Another year gone by................ (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8943)

800CLC 16-12-2017 03:42 AM

Another year gone by................

7 Attachment(s)
Well I guess this is just about it to 2017 we ended up back in Manitoba after being in Southern Alberta for two years. My wife didn't like it there and nothing else seemed to go very well for us out there. My friend had more private work coming in this year and less public or government related work which I think is a pretty big turning point for his business as it seems to show that the name is getting around and that we do good work for what we charge. I was looking at possibly getting a tracked skid-steer both for some of the jobs we do like grading driveways, muck shifting, spreading gravel, material handling (fork work), and snow removal but we managed to stay fairly steady and even busy with work so that's fallen by the way side like some of my other plans and ideas.:rolleyes: I spent about a month on a Highways Department job grubbing out stumps and half a$$ed mulched trees alongside a secondary or even tertiary Provincial Road that had been neglected for a long time. There was lots wrong with the job but I made it work and made a business connection with a couple originally from the Lockerbie area (hope I spelt that right).
From the looks of things we could be working through the winter for the first time since I started working for Clint which is a huge bonus as my wife and I are hoping to buy our first house this coming year and I won't have to collect unemployment insurance (cross my fingers on this one). I've got a job it looks like starting right after Christmas mulching two miles of brush with the old reliable Hitachi ZX160 and the Promac 36" brush mulcher. There are also plans a foot to redo the pins and bushing on the old girl and get the paint on the dump truck box redone. I am also trying to talk to boss in to getting a tilty for at least one of the machines. :eek:

diggerjones 16-12-2017 08:58 AM

Re: Another year gone by................

Yes another year gone, good luck with the house hunt. Where abouts are you exactly I forget

800CLC 16-12-2017 05:56 PM

I'm in Southern Manitoba.

grahams 16-12-2017 09:00 PM

It must be an age thing, I donít know where the time goes.
Glad you are busy. Hopefully things are on the up for you.
Graham

jimwilli 16-12-2017 09:05 PM

Is that where making a murderer was based?!

V8Druid 16-12-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grahams (Post 157856)
It must be an age thing, I donít know where the time goes.
Glad you are busy. Hopefully things are on the up for you.
Graham

that's a fact Gra ..... Sundays seem to follow Mondays these days :(

Shortest day next week, followed by Crimbo and then New Year :eek:
WTF did 2017 go?????? :confused:

Unbelievable ............................................ again :rolleyes:

diggerjones 16-12-2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 800CLC (Post 157855)
I'm in Southern Manitoba.

OK, think I remember now.
Might have told you before, I did a trip from Montreal to vancover via detroit into states then back into Canada at winipeg

scoffcruddle 19-12-2017 09:28 AM

I'll be glad to see the back of 17,done nothing but rain here for the last 6months,it's been challenging.

800CLC 19-12-2017 08:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Still hard to believe I had move back from the Eastern Slopes (well almost) of the Rocky Mountains to the flat a$$ of the Manitoba Prairie still pretty butthurt over that.:(

V8Druid 19-12-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoffcruddle (Post 157898)
I'll be glad to see the back of 17,done nothing but rain here for the last 6months,it's been challenging.

that's certainly one way of describing our ****ing climate for the last six months .... May & June were so good and certainly had me fooled, thinking we were in for 'a summer' :(

if July and August had held up like those two, I'd have had me dig done, dusted and all sorted, ready for the next bit.

it's been pretty shite for the last six months for sure :mad:
Do not envy anyone trying to earn a living shifting shit :rolleyes: