The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Photos (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Various Pictures (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3147)

conorcx130 05-03-2012 10:34 PM

Various Pictures

10 Attachment(s)
Well ive just been looking around at my pictures from the past few years and decided to share a few of them with you. the quality isnt great as they were mostly taken with the phone. Anyone else can feel free to throw in a few pictures of there own as i love looking at them anyway!

conorcx130 05-03-2012 10:39 PM

Re: Various Pictures

6 Attachment(s)
Heres another few...

Waterfall Formwork 05-03-2012 10:55 PM

Good pics...that 470 hitachi looks a bear:)

conorcx130 05-03-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterfall Formwork (Post 51059)
Good pics...that 470 hitachi looks a bear:)

cheers, ye they were a fair beast of a machine, we had two of them on hire on that particular job breaking rock for a few months. Unfortunatly i wasnt the full time driver on her, i was mainly on ducks though i put up a few hours covering the main operator. Nice machine, but according to the men who operated them with a bucket on the cat 345 was a far superior machine

conorcx130 03-04-2012 06:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
slight update, ben busy with college work so havnt been doing much "work" lately, but as the ground has dried up and im on holidays i decided to tackle a bit of a job ive been waiting to do since christmas! Just cleaning out part of a ditch and filling it with pebble and two 4 inch land drains, hopefully i'll get some better pictures tomorrow!

Also made a bit of progress on my old mini digger, its taken ages but finally the blade is fixed and back on, started sorting the many leaks she has and hopefully i'll get her fully operational within the next week or so, just need a few nixers to keep me going on the weekends now and i'll be right :D

Local Diggers 03-04-2012 06:47 PM

More pics of the mini please buddy :)

conorcx130 03-04-2012 07:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
there you go mate, shes an smc 1.5 tonne, bought new by my father and uncle around 1996, i took ownership after a cousin had it on a house build and made bits of her, ive painted it up and sorted out most of the problems at this stage. As a mini digger its terrible to be honest, good mitsubishi engine but the rest of her isnt great but its been a good hobby over the winter and hopefully if things go to plan this summer i might have something a bit better! oh and the plywood door panel is an optional extra :D

ive just realised those pictures are terrible! i'll try get some decent one next time im in the yard!

Guest1 03-04-2012 07:45 PM

Thanks conor,the SMC is just the type of thing I would like to mess about with.....yes more pics of it if you can.It reminds me of the O and K mini of similar vintage.

strott 04-04-2012 07:36 PM

Weren't SMC's based on Hanix machines?

conorcx130 04-04-2012 08:30 PM

This one isnt a hanix anyway, though i know some of them are, i think someone said in another thread that it was the later machines but im not certain to be honest.