The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do ducks work? (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9121)

pond digger 21-05-2018 12:21 PM

How do ducks work?

Iím not familiar with these at all, so taking a TBW 175 as an example, does the drive have more than one speed? And those hydraulic pistons over the rear axle; what do they do- oscillation lock perhaps? I note Taks donít generally seem to have stabilisers fitted.

Iíve probably asked this before, but does anyone flail on the move with one? They do seem to have decent aux flow. I know the Hydradig is capable of this.

Pardon my ignorance:rolleyes:.

APH2007 21-05-2018 05:09 PM

Re: How do ducks work?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pond digger (Post 161749)
Iím not familiar with these at all, so taking a TBW 175 as an example, does the drive have more than one speed? And those hydraulic pistons over the rear axle; what do they do- oscillation lock perhaps? I note Taks donít generally seem to have stabilisers fitted.

Iíve probably asked this before, but does anyone flail on the move with one? They do seem to have decent aux flow. I know the Hydradig is capable of this.

Pardon my ignorance:rolleyes:.

They use web feet to paddle around, and flap their wings to Fly about ��

On my Case I've got 3 speed high low ranges on box, up to 32kph in high, the pistons your referred to are floating axle locks on front steering axle, often lock either via manually or auto with the working brake locked down, as for flailing most are capable, but often drive train takes priority over working equipment, all depends on how they're set up, as you say the Hydradig 110W is set up so no loss to flail, as its hydastatic drive rather then gear pump

Hope it makes sense, no doubt the experts will be around soon ��

pond digger 21-05-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APH2007 (Post 161751)
They use web feet to paddle around, and flap their wings to Fly about ��

On my Case I've got 3 speed high low ranges on box, up to 32kph in high, the pistons your referred to are floating axle locks on front steering axle, often lock either via manually or auto with the working brake locked down, as for flailing most are capable, but often drive train takes priority over working equipment, all depends on how they're set up, as you say the Hydradig 110W is set up so no loss to flail, as its hydastatic drive rather then gear pump

Hope it makes sense, no doubt the experts will be around soon ��

Thanks for that.

lynchy 22-05-2018 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oscilating axle locks,locked for lifting,unlock,most of the time travelling,always unlock for rail travel:Dthis ones got road and rail axle locks,on the tyres usually drive over fixed end,reverse steer,higher load capability,stops the alarms going off carrying 3 t trailers to track,this one's about 35t with movax,hammer attachment n closer to 40 t

V8Druid 22-05-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynchy (Post 161767)
Oscilating axle locks,locked for lifting,unlock,most of the time travelling,always unlock for rail travel:Dthis ones got road and rail axle locks,on the tyres usually drive over fixed end,reverse steer,higher load capability,stops the alarms going off carrying 3 t trailers to track,this one's about 35t with movax,hammer attachment n closer to 40 t

Jeez tha's a BIG duck Lynchey :eek:

pond digger 23-05-2018 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Druid (Post 161768)
Jeez tha's a BIG duck Lynchey :eek:

Indeed:eek:. I didnít know such things existed!

lynchy 24-05-2018 02:37 AM

Colmar t1000fs bout 32 ton base machine movax bout 3 t n hammer bout 5 1/2 t,do all the heavy piling jobs on rail,been pitching some 8m long x 610 mm od up here,some yoke!