The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Photos (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7444)

tinydigger 05-12-2015 12:44 PM

Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

I would love to have the space to do a nice resto job on a something like that i am sure i could fins a use for one as used to do farm and field maintenance so would use it as a gate way back in to that with a flat bed on the back and maybe a post knocker as well.

They are keeping the plant and tools side going but lifting is closing down so it is going to be covered by Norwich and a couple of the London depots

If you do get the Norfolk work and need any local info let me know as maybe able to help out in some way. Know what you mean about the travelling but sometimes you have to go with the flow lol. thanks James would be cool even if i come and have a look round and take a few pics of the machines in action :D

Andy

Shovelhands 16-02-2016 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had our old Volvo A25b in recently for a bit of a service, some essential repairs like brakes!:D and other odds n sods. But also to have a few modifications, improvements I like to call them;), only really got one mod done, ran out of time really, but it was the major one, and something I'd been wanting to do for a few years now! So I'm pleased I made the effort!

I'd fitted a second hand cantilever tailgate to it not long after we got the machine, they are simple and fool proof, but in our application they can be a problem, on occasion the material we move can be wet, so wet that its like a liquid load at times, this then lifts the tailgate and pisses out the back! Makes a bloody mess and is not ideal for many reasons.

So some sort of lock was needed, this also posed problems and I deliberated on several solutions, but in the end settled on one, making the tailgate operate hydraulically and in the process using the cylinders to keep the tailgate shut tight.

Had it working for the first time today, only finished it Monday morning :o, it's working ok, but has a slight hydraulic issue, hopefully being cured by some larger check valves arriving tomorrow.

Here's a few pics of how it turned out and a few along the way, same old story unfortunately, one pic at a time:rolleyes:

Shovelhands 16-02-2016 11:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All the fabbing pretty much done , a bit of protection and plumbing nedded

Shovelhands 16-02-2016 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Getting things lined up and brackets fixed

Shovelhands 16-02-2016 11:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Working out the centers and tacking the new brackets up

Shovelhands 16-02-2016 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Planting the base bracket

Shovelhands 16-02-2016 11:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All the pins , spacers and brackets all fabbed and ready to fit

V8Druid 16-02-2016 11:42 PM

tidy looking job there James :cool: ...... takes some sussing out, all the geometry, eh!! :rolleyes:;)

Shovelhands 16-02-2016 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The eagle eyed Volvo anorak amongst you may notice what I've made the spacers from?

Shovelhands 16-02-2016 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After the brake overhaul I had quite a few used Pistons out of the callipers, ideal i thought, so got them in the lathe and shaped them up....my kind of recycling ;):D