The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Commercial Vehicles (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   p.p o`connors.heavy haulage (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1351)

mogman 01-01-2014 08:48 PM

Re: p.p o`connors.heavy haulage

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by longstroke (Post 92804)
Blimey, there was me thinking they were just standard air bag systems!

What is the suspension - I've seen the fluid type with accumulators on a hyd neck wedge trailer.

I'd love to go out on a days work as drivers mate just to see loading and shifting something huge!

This is what Alleys have under there heavy haulage trucks
Attachment 20938

Attachment 20939

Paul.

longstroke 02-01-2014 01:26 AM

Ooooh, Secret Snaps eh!

Looks like hydraulic rams instead of, (or as well as) air bags, connected I guess to a central accumulator so that axles can move to some extent.

I guess they could carry a nitrogen cylinder to enable them to alter the ride height, or do it by leaving the nitrogen buffer alone and changing the amount of oil in the system.

This new type approval thing that is coming in will play havoc with that sort of proven but not mainstream adaption.

Exmayor 02-01-2014 10:27 AM

The 8x4 Daf's have 4 hydraulic rams 1 for each drive tyre each side is then linked so you can raise/lower each side.

The second steer is then on 2 rams as well but not connected to the drive rams, the second steer can take weight or not depending on the switch in the cab.

The drives are on levers that take feed off the continuous pto whether the diverter is on truck suspension or trailer. Daz

gratman 02-01-2014 11:10 PM

Can i just say what a great thread micheal really interesting can't believe i've never seen it before and really up my street truck's and diggers;)

Shaun

michael 03-01-2014 06:45 PM

thank you very much gratman.

michael 03-01-2014 09:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more trucks

V8Druid 03-01-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael (Post 93181)
more trucks

Will yer jus' look at the grab on that m/c in the first pic!!!!!!!:eek:
And he's got a couple of spares laid on the ground in case he breaks that one!!!!!:eek::eek:

Nice pic.s yet again Boyo:D

michael 04-01-2014 05:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
burnt out extec crusher

AtlasRob 05-01-2014 10:10 AM

First off I thought that was sat on a beam but its sat on 5th wheel.

Remember seeing something at Hillhead? Might even have been earlier at SED ? On one of crusher stands where a wheeled bogie went under one end and tother end sat on 5th wheel but never seen one since.

If she is burnt out that must have been a right pita to get wheels under as iirc crusher was designed to track up to and latch onto the wheels. :cool:

michael 05-01-2014 03:56 PM

the crusher was burnt out while the wheels and fifth wheel coupling where attached. the wiring loom was a pain, trying to get the rear lights working. I picked it up from bruce cooks yard at cattarick taking it to a yard near buxton