The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Commercial Vehicles (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   p.p o`connors.heavy haulage (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1351)

the rev 29-05-2012 07:37 PM

Re: p.p o`connors.heavy haulage

Doosan 190 rob

Rick

AtlasRob 03-06-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the rev (Post 55880)
Doosan 190 rob

Thanks, any comments on the Doosan duck ? only I know somebody who is seriously interested in one. I have only heard good reports about the machines in general and it has always been third hand. I know its not your usual mount but have you had any seat time with it or feedback from its operator?

I completely forgot that you had a tilty on your machine.:cool:
How is it performing? How many hours have you got on it now? Would you be happy to loose it ? ;)

Any comments from an operator that is using one on your size of machine can only be a benefit for those of us wanna be owners ;) and the other users on the forum.

the rev 03-06-2012 08:49 PM

hello there rob

i like the doosan overall just the little things like i dont like the levers. (but thats just me!) i only ever drive it if someones off.

the tilty is performing brilliant i can honestly say its the best bit of kit i ever had on a machine! im nearly at a 1000 hours with it and if i was to loose it i would be gutted. it makes all those little things so much easier . for example i have been working in the middle of the road so by the i get to the end of the tm it gets tight to get an 8 legger in to the job as they never give us room. so i pull the wagon in as tight as i can next to me now with a normal q/h it would be a nightmare! but not with the engcon spin the bucket as im slewing round and its stright with the wagon easy peasy!!! trimming batters is also a lot easier. but one thing i've noticed is how many heads it turns and working with the gps its also great

Rick

AtlasRob 05-06-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the rev (Post 56085)
............ im nearly at a 1000 hours with it and if i was to loose it i would be gutted...................

....... one thing i've noticed is how many heads it turns and working with the gps its also great

You've answered my question, only positives, (about what I expected) thanks :D

I can imagine the looks you get as I know how folk gaup at the tilt bucket, a full tilty will have them mesmerised :cool:

I have never had a play with a gps setup. I'm a fool really as there was one on a Volvo exc of Walters that I was very close to at jct 12 for a while but never thought to go and have a spin. :o

the rev 06-06-2012 05:38 PM

The gps system is the way forward rob! I can get off the low loader track the machine into a field with one datum peg I check the height as it can be a little out maybe 30mm or so! The surveyor gives me a USB stick with a mesh of the job on it download and away I go! Give it a try if you can. See the guys at Scanlaser they will put you right

cps140 06-06-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlasRob (Post 56110)
You've answered my question, only positives, (about what I expected) thanks

I can imagine the looks you get as I know how folk gaup at the tilt bucket, a full tilty will have them mesmerised :cool:

I have never had a play with a gps setup. I'm a fool really as there was one on a Volvo exc of Walters that I was very close to at jct 12 for a while but never thought to go and have a spin. :o

Rob all i can say is just,:D
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/...24/Goforit.jpg

the rev 06-06-2012 07:51 PM

Well the shits says it all

the rev 07-06-2012 08:49 AM

Shirt!!! Lol

michael 04-07-2012 08:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
united, stas,pomier

mogman 04-07-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael (Post 57301)
united, stas,pomier

very nice rigs there Michael think I prefer the 143 to its modern brother;)

Paul.