The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   chuff chuff time in Druid-ville (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8733)

V8Druid 24-05-2017 10:55 AM

chuff chuff time in Druid-ville

http://www.abergavennysteamrally.co.uk/

usually a good weekend ..... if only to see the big boys trying to haul everything out the quagmire on a Monday evening :eek:

the last few years have been pee-ed on, on the Mondays.

Forecast this year is awesome, wall to wall blue sky, so could be a real good weekend.
A hell of a lot of stuff to see, aside from the steamers. Huge collection of vintage bikes, cars and equipment. As the website says, it is smack bang in the middle of the town, in the park .... which is big ..... so yer's not a captive audience for food / drink / etc. and plenty of pubs/eateries in strolling distance. :D

If you're close enough, it's a good day out. If anyone does fancy it we can have a meet up if yer's like ... PM me for a phone no. ;)

Local guy Henri ..... out causing a traffic jam ....... I've made a few bits for this old girl over the years
http://www.abergavennysteamrally.co....s/pict0012.jpg

delbouy 25-05-2017 10:09 PM

Re: chuff chuff time in Druid-ville

First one for us this weekend to Graham, Launceston steam and vintage rally.
Start of the season with many more to come, finalising at Dorset.
Roll on summer shows, we also have wall to wall blue sky's forecast.

V8Druid 26-05-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delbouy (Post 154067)
First one for us this weekend to Graham, Launceston steam and vintage rally.
Start of the season with many more to come, finalising at Dorset.
Roll on summer shows, we also have wall to wall blue sky's forecast.

Aye we try to get to a few through the summer .... Welland's our 'biggy' really ..... GDSF one day Del :rolleyes:

Our rally used to be on a different weekend, that didn't clash with anything, but they moved it a few years ago and knackered it a little ... :(
mostly for stall holders .. 'tain't what it was :o :rolleyes:

ianoz. 26-05-2017 12:30 AM

I am off to a combined Tractor truck and air show this weekend .Blue sky at present ,but forecasting showers for saturday . Hope the show there goes well .

V8Druid 26-05-2017 12:38 AM

cheers Ian ..... it's usually a good turn out in spite of the usually atrocious weather, on one day, or the other :eek: ..... been a long time since they had two dry days :(

Have fun at yours .... sounds like it is going to be a goody, from our earlier conversations :cool:

delbouy 26-05-2017 09:16 PM

We keep saying we want to go to Wellan but unfortunately it the same weekend as Baconnic steam rally down in Cornwall.
That's one I personally will not miss just the same as Dorset.
We used to go to Honiton hill rally as well, but since Dorset have changed there dates so as to keep the families with kids happy, it now covers the Bank holiday Monday, which is the auction day at Honiton so they are missing out on a lot of people that used to go to said auction.
There was talk about Honiton moving to the weekend before, but being stubborn and not doing so has lost them quite a few people that will not miss out on there Dorset week.

We did come back a day earlier last year to see about Honiton, but they have moved the show ground up the road to a nearby air field, and to say it was a crap show now would be an understatement.
From what I'd heard when we where there, we weren't the only ones that thought the same thing.
Won't be bothering with that one again.

Cyberprog 27-05-2017 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We had this lot through the other weekend. They were doing a road run to celebrate one of their friend's brithdays. I guess when you get to their age, it becomes something you celebrate again!

Attachment 28510

V8Druid 27-05-2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberprog (Post 154084)
We had this lot through the other weekend. They were doing a road run to celebrate one of their friend's brithdays. I guess when you get to their age, it becomes something you celebrate again!

Attachment 28510

Aye ... 'spose so ...... I'm still at the best ignored (but be thankful) stage :D:D

Nice engines :cool:

Cyberprog 28-05-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8Druid (Post 154086)
Aye ... 'spose so ...... I'm still at the best ignored (but be thankful) stage :D:D

Nice engines :cool:

They were indeed.

I might make it to that steam show on Monday, shall see how the missus is and the weather!

V8Druid 28-05-2017 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberprog (Post 154087)
They were indeed.

I might make it to that steam show on Monday, shall see how the missus is and the weather!

well if it's anything like today :(......... or tomorrow's forecast :mad: ...... bring yer waders :eek: and your camera ..... for some of the 'exits' :D