The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weight Block (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8779)

Cheggars 16-07-2017 10:51 AM

Weight Block
 
Morning all,
I'm in need of some extra weight on the back of the Neuson 8003.
Would anyone know of a scrapped one,with the extra weight block on it. or anyone likley to be breaking one.

Thanks

V8Druid 17-07-2017 12:27 AM

Re: Weight Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheggars (Post 154931)
Morning all,
I'm in need of some extra weight on the back of the Neuson 8003.
Would anyone know of a scrapped one,with the extra weight block on it. or anyone likley to be breaking one.

Thanks

could you not get some profiles cut to go under it a bit Huw, or is there not enough clearance?

d4c24a 17-07-2017 06:22 PM

Re: Weight Block
 
wafer weights from a tractor and bolt them , or hang them from a frame

Cheggars 19-07-2017 09:35 PM

Re: Weight Block
 
Thanks, its got 1 weight already bolted on the back, ive found on off a 5 tonner which is a bit smaller( not sure of its weight yet)
The problem is the bolt holes dont quit match the 8 tonner. i'll post a picture when i get a chance.
Would be easier if they were miles out.

Cheggars 19-07-2017 09:37 PM

Re: Weight Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by d4c24a (Post 154952)
wafer weights from a tractor and bolt them , or hang them from a frame

This is plan B, not as tidy but plus is they would be easily removed.

grifferr 19-07-2017 10:24 PM

Re: Weight Block
 
Be careful when you spin round with the blade up:eek:

grahams 20-07-2017 10:52 AM

Re: Weight Block
 
Putting a thick slice of plate underneath the back end always looks good to me. There are normally bolts ready to be used and you don't extend the back end any more. A good metal working shop will cut it to shape and drill the holes for not a lot more than the cost of the metal.
Graham

Cheggars 20-07-2017 03:49 PM

Re: Weight Block
 
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psq5efhqv6.jpghttp://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...pshrqts4lb.jpghttp://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psiowyp1ky.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of the weight block i've got hold of.
Any thoughts on how to bolt it on.
The bolt holes are a fraction out.

doobin 20-07-2017 05:35 PM

Re: Weight Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheggars (Post 154991)
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psq5efhqv6.jpghttp://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...pshrqts4lb.jpghttp://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psiowyp1ky.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of the weight block i've got hold of.
Any thoughts on how to bolt it on.
The bolt holes are a fraction out.

Get some suitable studding- it will need to be 12.9. Screw all the way into the mounting threads. Cut it off with ample to spare. Use a nut to lock the first block in place.

You are now free to fit the second block. Bore the holes out so it fits. You may get away with a larger washer or offset plate depending upon how far out the holes are. For a pukka job, l'd counterbore it to receive the concave washer of a set of convex/concave washers (what are they called again? Paging Druid!) if you can find any large enough. If not then making a conical washer to fit in the bored out hole would also be good.

One thing to watch out for is making sure the second weight is clamped firmly to the first weight, not resting on the mounting studs or bending them :eek: Looking at the photo it may need a few slices of conveyor belt between the two at the top, but its hard to say.

EngconUK 20-07-2017 06:01 PM

Re: Weight Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobin (Post 154992)
For a pukka job, l'd counterbore it to receive the concave washer of a set of convex/concave washers (what are they called again? Paging Druid!)

I know them as seating washers, but Druid will no doubt have a proper engineering name.

Robert


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.