The British Construction Equipment Forum

The British Construction Equipment Forum (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Vintage & Classic Equipment (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   classic cars (http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8045)

Local Diggers 10-04-2016 08:55 AM

classic cars

anyone got anything special tucked away? pics please! :D

diggerjones 10-04-2016 12:38 PM

Re: classic cars

1 Attachment(s)
Austin morris van and bsa golden flash

robex 210 11-04-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggerjones (Post 137086)
Austin morris van and bsa golden flash

NNNIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCE:cool:

diggerjones 11-04-2016 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One with the pod

Local Diggers 11-04-2016 09:21 PM

very very nice! im a little jealous actually! did you restore them or do it the cheaper way and buy them restored?

diggerjones 11-04-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Local Diggers (Post 137217)
very very nice! im a little jealous actually! did you restore them or do it the cheaper way and buy them restored?

I'm glad:D did the van up, it wasn't that bad bought it in 1999:eek:
The bike was like that, but have put new engine in it and lot of other bit, not had it out this year yet. Either of them. The van come out of shed on sunday but I didn't end up going anywhere.
The pod has revamped aswell with a new roof and other things.

Local Diggers 12-04-2016 05:45 PM

ive done a deal with the man who bought my dads triumph bonneville to buy that, he has restored it really nicely and its mine after this summer. looking forward to getting that back

Shovelhands 12-04-2016 06:11 PM

Good for you Dan
Nothing like keeping a bit of history, and if it's got family memories then that's great.

I know my dad would love one of his old bikes back, despite it being the one that he was on when he hit the back of a stationary truck and broke his leg, he's been paying for that for the rest of his life TBH .....but he'd love that bike back:)

I was never into bikes, I love them, but never had one on the road.
But I have got my first car in the shed;) ...had it since I was 18, all my mates kept telling me to sell it when I was knocking around with them, they all changed there cars regularly, I kept hold of mine.....they'd all love to have there first cars back now!
It's not really classic....but it's appreciating.....and it will be classic one day! :D

Local Diggers 12-04-2016 06:27 PM

come on then, what you got and lets see some pics?

Shovelhands 12-04-2016 07:28 PM

Not that exiting Dan , well it is to me, not 'classic' yet though.

205 Gti, was my first car, only had work truck at 17, so this was the first car of my own, and I bloody loved it! It took me everywhere, all over the country, had great times in that car, spent my spare time tinkering with it and my spare money on it! Still my favourite car, so much fun for your buck!

Sort of got into them in my early twenties and had quite a few, almost a collector at one point! Had over a dozen at one point, in various states of repair, thats when they were ten a penny and people were virtually giving them to me.
Now....well they are appreciating big time! And I regret having a big clear out , personal things and lack of space sort of dictated it, but if I had some of them now they be a small goldmine, times change!

I still have four, if I put em all back together! And enough bits to build half a dozen or more I reckon. A hobby for when I get more time! :rolleyes: or retire:o

But I've still got my first, and it's in one piece!:D

Will find a pic of I can