View Single Post
  #25   IP: 81.158.74.20
Old 20-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: Bolt on pin cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
LOL .... sorry Boyo ..... 101.6 is usually 6.3mm wall ..... unless it's a special or HDS .... and you'd remember them ...... for the cost
I did check the next day, but havnt been on here much since! It is 101.6 16.5mm wall tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
I think you are probably right, about staying with solid bar, although may be interested in the 101.6 16.5mm wall if you have some spare.
As these heads get regularly changed less weight makes them easier to handle. The genuine one at 280kg is so unwieldy that we had to use the machine to line the bolt holes up. My others a about 70kg can easily be manhandled that last mm and if something does go wrong I don't think even steel toe caps will be any good if 280kg fell on them. It also makes the centre of gravity a lot higher which isn't good on the trailer.
Graham
Hi Graham, as above, the tube i have is 101.6 16.5 wall, i have some here if you need abit, (a will be ordering about 10m of it for another job real soon)

Let me know if i can help

Aiden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.