Thread: neuson 8003
View Single Post
  #74   IP: 31.52.88.248
Old 13-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: neuson 8003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggars View Post
Thanks, It was slung like that because i didn't want to stress the hook to Much, Its says 3000kg on it but not convinced it would take it at the open end if you see what i mean.Its under threat of being cut off as it dont look right for lifting and its very good at catching anything that can snag on it.
It was only a try out to see whether we needed a larger machine or not.
It was slung eventually on a Large D Shackle from the Links arm. Just used the one Heavy Sling in the end also ,simple Job in the end.

Huw
I'd have a good look at that sling, in the original pic, Huw, before you give it any further serious use ... green is only 2 tonnes straight lift, as a general rule of thumb, less in a choke, but the definitive rating will be the number of lines of stitching in the length of it ..... one, two, three, etc., one row per tonne for its SWL straight
Varies dramatically, depending how it's used though, no matter what the size.

Best pic I can find on the stitching rows, but can see it .. just !!