Thread: New forum
View Single Post
  #28   IP: 82.129.113.73
Old 23-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Intendant of the Building

Default Re: New forum

I'm by means no expert on this but generally things on the internet increase in costs depending on storage space required. A photo speaks a thousand words but likewise a thousand words take up much less megabytes! A forum with loads of high quality photos would be more costly to run than this one in its current form and might be a reason why the photo posting thing hasn't been upgraded.
It would be a shame to loose the history and as a relatively new member, I still trawl through the back history occasionally as there are some good reads on still relevant topics. The forum would die if the hosting is lapsed and would not be view able anymore.

Personally I don't find posting pics too much of a hassle. I use the forums picture uploader. My phone syncs with dropbox when I get home. Pics are then available on my PC. I pick which pic's I want to post, put them in a separate folder (so I keep my original high quality one) and resize them in paint. Resizing them by 50% works just fine and the uploader pins them to my post. Sounds complicated but takes less than a minute.

Seems a shame to loose all the effort that's been put in here, I'd be happy to show people how I post pics with screenshots if it helps more people post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.