View Single Post
  #2   IP: 31.52.88.229
Old 10-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: I Dig Best and other Grade assist systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800CLC View Post
The last little while Clint and I (friend and boss) have been talking off and on about grade assist systems largely because I mentioned I got to use a GPS system on a couple of excavators while working in the Oil Sands last year, which I liked for the most part but the cost of these things for an owner/operator is a bit rich for my taste plus it's a lot of electronics which isn't always a good thing. I did see one place where the system had problems and that was during a northern lights event which pretty much shut down the system. I'm still comfortable with using lasers and laser receivers. Clint hasn't been digging as long as I have so he's still looking for an easier way and thinks this system called 'I Dig Best' is the way forward. I'm not sure about it myself and was just wondering if anybody has used a system like this before?

http://www.idigbest.com/
gonna be knackered when yer got to do it yerself after a few weeks with that on your m/c Bert ...... pretty impressive