View Single Post
  #14   IP: 81.151.174.255
Old 05-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Coles iron fairy crane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mc Hugh View Post
Just a few some problems, the brakes are stuck on, the air is building up but not releasing the brakes and is the power steering worked of the main hydraulic tank and if the oil is not at the mark would it cause no steering. Will have lots of over questions if I can manage to get it from where it is to my garage. I will try and post a pic.
firstly Boyo ..... WTF is it ???
IF it's a fairy, they usually have a separate power steering pump, fed by a reservoir on the cab bulkhead, behind the driver's right shoulder ...
in the engine bay .. but have seen 'em in the cab too
Power steering is a bit of a euphemism on fairies; that and a lot of wishful thinking !

The brakes are AFAIK / can recall, air over hydraulics ... reservoirs are in the cab.
the handbrake is a gert lever beside your right knee....bit like a signal box lever and totally mechanical.
if it's been stood with it on, the shoes'll have rusted to the drums, or the linkages will have seized.

I assume you have had it running, so try rocking it in reverse ... not too much grief ... the gear boxes are tiny and burst for a past-time ... unless it's a 5 speed ... they are a little more robust.

As for pix ...... see the pix attached ... the right click - open in new tab gives you a preview of what you've loaded if you want to look and need to do it for each image. If you just click it will open in the same window and your post disappears .... don't panic, just press the step back button and it'll come back
the main thing is the size of the file .... try one to start with and see if it will upload ... if it doesn't.... compress the file size in a picture editing prog. and try uploading the newly created compressed version.

I did actually get the forum to upload 3 full size files the other night by accident ... ... it don't happen often, so I'd compress them ... there's a size guide in the upload window

there's other things you can do too ... master this first good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg att.s.jpg (96.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg choose file.jpg (95.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg upload.jpg (97.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg currrent att.s.jpg (95.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg preview post.jpg (96.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg R click - open in new tab.jpg (99.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg step back.jpg (93.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg size guide.jpg (94.7 KB, 5 views)