View Single Post
  #13   IP: 31.49.234.84
Old 10-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Knight of the East

Default Re: I-Dig systems 1D and 2D machine control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
It's gone very quiet: perhaps it's a case of- if you need to ask the price, then you probably can't afford it
IMHO I think it's a case that if you need it, you need it. For most of us it's a nice thought but the reality is that we can make do with other things, Easy for the bulk of people to quickly forget that in terms of general plant hire, Digger, Hitch and three buckets is pretty standard, you don't get Prolec, ZTS, A Hammer, etc etc unless it's requested/specified.

Just looking at Machine mounted laser receivers and grade control lasers.... not something we are asked for much, nor is it something I really have use for at present, but for about 1200 a nice setup could be achieved and for just 400 odd I could get a basic receiver to fit on any of the machines and level flat areas..... Question is though, Is it worth it? We've done fine up to now and leaving the laser checking to the builder/etc means we have no liabilities to get it right. If the builder gets it wrong theres no argument or issues.... We just send the bill.

Unless you NEED it, it boils down to what it's worth to you and if your going to gamble that it's your future... (Like Robotplant with his setup). Likewise the more established you are to start, the more risk/money you can spend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....