The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 86.149.125.41
Old 19-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Knight of the East

Default milwaukee k900 breaker review

had mentioned recently that i had one of these but was seriously dissapointed with it. we also run hydraulic breakers, the big bosch electric road breaker, a small hand held dewalt breaker and the cheapo screwfix titan breaker...

the point im making is after 20 years in construction i have used many concrete breakers and i know whats good and whats not.. the Milwaukee 900k is not..

i had asked my guys why the new 900k wasnt being used, it had sat on the shelf for weeks, "honestly we dont like it, it isnt as powerful as the others" you know its bad when they would rather take the 149 titan breaker instead (after comparing them i now know why!)

we called and milwaukee came to access the tool, got a concrete kerb out and the 950k as a comparison, it chipped the edges but struggled to make a clean break down the center, i got out our little dewalt breaker which is a class below and it popped that kerb in a few seconds! much to the reps embrassment.

i have tried to return it but they claim the tool is as designed and fit for use, i cannot have a refund so i can buy an equivelent tool instead (that is capable)

so its now my job to spend the next 6 months reviewing the tool to warn others about the shitty "fuck the customer" service and the shitty tools they sell. i hope you readers dont get caught out like we have for almost a 1000.

after this sickening news ive have told them that i will keep the tool and try my hardest to ensure no one else falls in to the same trap, if you can copy and paste this to another forum please do. we start youtube videos next as they can get higher hits and views..

please warn your friends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Local Diggers; 19-07-2016 at 10:58 PM.
  #2   IP: 86.147.47.242
Old 19-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: milwaukee k900 breaker review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
had mentioned recently that i had one of these but was seriously dissapointed with it. we also run hydraulic breakers, the big bosch electric road breaker, a small hand held dewalt breaker and the cheapo screwfix titan breaker...

the point im making is after 20 years in construction i have used many concrete breakers and i know whats good and whats not.. the Milwaukee k900 is not..

i had asked my guys why the new k900 wasnt being used, it had sat on the shelf for weeks, "honestly we dont like it, it isnt as powerful as the others" you know its bad when they would rather take the 149 titan breaker instead (after comparing them i now know why!)

we called and milwaukee came to access the tool, got a concrete kerb out and the k950 as a comparison, it chipped the edges but struggled to make a clean break down the center, i got out our little dewalt breaker which is a class below and it popped that kerb in a few seconds! much to the reps embrassment.

i have tried to return it but they claim the tool is as designed and fit for use, i cannot have a refund so i can buy an equivelent tool instead (that is capable)

so its now my job to spend the next 6 months reviewing the tool to warn others about the shitty "fuck the customer" service and the shitty tools they sell. i hope you readers dont get caught out like we have for almost a 1000.

after this sickening news ive have told them that i will keep the tool and try my hardest to ensure no one else falls in to the same trap, if you can copy and paste this to another forum please do. we start youtube videos next as they can get higher hits and views..

please warn your friends
Duly noted
  #3   IP: 209.93.206.141
Old 19-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Thanks for posting the review. We need a review section, both to praise the good and humiliate the bad.
Real shame their customer service is shit, especially paying top price for the tool in the first place.
Even if you stop one sale it will be worth your time and effort. Hopefully someone from Milwaukee will read your review and reconsider their actions.
Graham
  #4   IP: 154.57.226.142
Old 19-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Intendant of the Building

I was thinking of getting one of these as they are on offer in my local hire shop but after hearing about the hammering you've been giving the performance of the Milwaukee K900 I'll give it a miss.

#5   IP: 80.247.25.141
Old 19-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Intimate Secretary

Worth a post on the Milwaukee Facebook page if they have one!
  #6   IP: 94.192.30.159
Old 19-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Grand Master Architect

i tweeted them a link ... ? probably go nowhere but worth a try

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #7   IP: 109.150.245.45
Old 19-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

if its not air powered never bother with electricity ones

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
  #8   IP: 92.14.67.219
Old 19-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Knight of the East

You need to fuck it up good

I was on a job in Sheffield a few years back and needed a 1/2" impact gun so bought a dewalt one, tried to used it but was shite didn't have half the power of the battery spinner so took it back but was told that it too was fit for purpose so put it back in the box till I got home made a 240v to 110v lead up plugged it in and killed the piece of shite took it back to my local store and got my money back

Sometimes you have to be ruthless

If you can't buy it build it
  #9   IP: 86.149.125.41
Old 19-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
i tweeted them a link ... ? probably go nowhere but worth a try
to be fair, they have made their choice, they clearly couldnt care less about the customer but making the most money is obviously key, for me now, its key that i potentially save other hard working men the hassle and effort of buying some old crap from milwaukee, i can write off a grand that they swindled out of me but...

.....imagine some young lad, starts out on is own, buys a k900 after working his bollocks off and this is the tool he gets, he will take three times as long to break out a concrete pad as his competition, he will be more expensive and work harder.. do milwaukee care? not a jot. money first client last.

#10   IP: 86.149.125.41
Old 19-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
I was thinking of getting one of these as they are on offer in my local hire shop but after hearing about the hammering you've been giving the performance of the Milwaukee K900 I'll give it a miss.
you wont regret it.

Tags
900k, 950k, kango, milwaukee, review