The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#21   IP: 213.146.165.71
Old 21-07-2016, 12:26 PM

Default Re: milwaukee k900 breaker review

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Thanks for posting the review. We need a review section, both to praise the good and humiliate the bad.
Real shame their customer service is shit, especially paying top price for the tool in the first place.
Even if you stop one sale it will be worth your time and effort. Hopefully someone from Milwaukee will read your review and reconsider their actions.
Graham
This is a really good idea would it be possible to get this sort of thing up an running on here, it can be hard to find good reviews on tools and with the type of folk on here needing the same type of tools it could be a good place to get some user reviews
  #22   IP: 81.149.197.54
Old 21-07-2016, 01:43 PM
Secret Master

Real shame that.

We started out with a few Milwaukee tools and now only use Milwaukee throughout both of our depots. On the back of good feedback from our fitters we actually became a dealer for them and have had nothing good reviews on the items we have sold.

Must say that's bad news. In a lot of brand's product ranges you can find a weak product. Some dealers are more than happy in selling them on the back of a strong brand name. We categorically wouldn't sell the product if we know it's not quite at the right standard even if that means losing a sale and letting a competitor in.

I would keep asking the question about getting your money back or at the very least a 'store credit'!
  #23   IP: 86.132.49.5
Old 21-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Knight of the East

i hear you tom, but i dont feel i should have to chase a refund, we buy so much dewalt stuff, never had any issues of note to be fair, but even batterys that were out of warrenty were changed for us, thats the company i want to deal with. in this case the tool is crap, and it really is, but equally dissapointing is that milwanky literally told me to get on my bike.

tom, i would honestly press you to try a 900k vs any other breaker, even a lesser weighted one before you recommend them to hard working men as a competant tool. if my one is correctly working as milwanky claim then i promise you wont be selling them to your valued clients.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Local Diggers; 21-07-2016 at 10:04 PM.
  #24   IP: 86.7.227.236
Old 21-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Intendant of the Building

Have to agree with you Dan they're crap mine also plays up with the power occasionally it will be at lower power ten decide it's going to do full force but even at full force it can barely break the hauncing off of an edging.
On the flip side I ha a Titan hammer drill and that was bad used it 3 times and at first though it was debris bouncing of of things, but it turned out it was something inside rubbing on the motor so it would spit tiny bits of metal out with enough force to inbed itself in your arm to the point where it looked like you had a rash all over your arm or any body parts that were inline with the vents in the casing

#25   IP: 86.132.49.5
Old 21-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Knight of the East

ive had that with a titan, dont lay it down on a dusty floor, it spits out any debris with quite the force

#26   IP: 86.7.227.236
Old 21-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Intendant of the Building

I thought it was debris I took the unit apart and cleaned it out but still had the same problem when it was being used.
so put a piece of paper near it wheb in use and you could see the pieces of metal stuck to the paper.
Annoying really as it was literally the third time it was used also had it close to my face when trying to drill some bits luckily no bits of metal in my eye although plenty everywhere else on my face and arms
I'd try the same with yours just incase

#27   IP: 86.140.101.107
Old 21-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Knight of the East and West

Did you take it back?
  #28   IP: 81.149.197.54
Old 22-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Secret Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
i hear you tom, but i dont feel i should have to chase a refund, we buy so much dewalt stuff, never had any issues of note to be fair, but even batterys that were out of warrenty were changed for us, thats the company i want to deal with. in this case the tool is crap, and it really is, but equally dissapointing is that milwanky literally told me to get on my bike.

tom, i would honestly press you to try a 900k vs any other breaker, even a lesser weighted one before you recommend them to hard working men as a competant tool. if my one is correctly working as milwanky claim then i promise you wont be selling them to your valued clients.
No you're right. You shouldn't have to chase, and for a major brand to just walk away from the situation that's rubbish. I'd imagine you would never buy Milwaukee or deal with the dealer again!

I'll definitely take this on board with the 900K and mention it to the other lads. I haven't had much to do with Milwaukee, the main item I've sold is the grease guns which have been brilliant up to press!
  #29   IP: 86.132.49.5
Old 23-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Knight of the East

had to add this, on another forum i was pointed in the direction of a milwanky facebook page that is chocka block with poor reviews and angry milwanky customers all with similar issues as me. ie crap tool, no refunds. to me this says they know the tools are crap and dont stand behind them, because if they refund on one they will have to refund on potentially thousands..

#30   IP: 209.93.206.141
Old 23-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
had to add this, on another forum i was pointed in the direction of a milwanky facebook page that is chocka block with poor reviews and angry milwanky customers all with similar issues as me. ie crap tool, no refunds. to me this says they know the tools are crap and dont stand behind them, because if they refund on one they will have to refund on potentially thousands..
Bit like buying a Landrover. Known faults were not often recalled, mainly just updated at some time and the poor sods who bought the faulty ones left to sort it out at their own expense. I'll never buy a Landrover again. Should never have bought the last one, but wanted a legal 3.5t towing pickup. Now have a Ranger 3.2 and an Isuzu D-max and can't believe the improvement.
Graham

Tags
900k, 950k, kango, milwaukee, review