The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Commercial Vehicles

#11   IP: 81.158.23.147
Old 20-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: skip loader???

I Will get some pictures of our frame Shaun as we've been doing it for years, Another local firm has lifting eyes on the trackframes.

Only limit aside from the weight of a machine is the width of what you can get between the arms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #12   IP: 90.194.105.128
Old 20-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards1993 View Post
I had even thought about maybe a smaller capacity skip wagon for myself, just to get started with as I've only got the micro. I find getting muck out of a job is the most problematic part, especially tipping it ready for a grab, messy and leaves no room if your already restricted for space, with a skip or a hook bin, it can be loaded, and moved wherever, whenever if by yourself.

As Tim said a platform for moving plant is a good idea, but if you need a skip then to have one modded for putting the machine in would be the best route.

Don't speak to soon about hook's being too top heavy, check out this numpty
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oundabout.html
Lol tom!! I'm doing work all the time which we have had to put to one side for the grab or we end up waiting for skips to turn up so we stock pile it which all end's up another job cleaning up and just a job that could be cut out easy really??

Shaun
  #13   IP: 90.194.105.128
Old 20-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
I Will get some pictures of our frame Shaun as we've been doing it for years, Another local firm has lifting eyes on the trackframes.

Only limit aside from the weight of a machine is the width of what you can get between the arms.
Thank's Rory I would like to see them!! Would you get a five tonner between them?? I wouldn't want to put any bigger because I'm thinking drawbar specing it and if any bigger it go on the trailer!!
  #14   IP: 81.158.203.134
Old 20-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Sublime Master Elected

A tarmacing Customer of mine has a skip lorry for such use, they have afew flat bed skips/platforms which they move rollers and small patch planers etc, then he runs back with a skip, I guess ideally you'd want the skip to hold the machine and then the muck?
  #15   IP: 90.194.105.128
Old 20-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davejcb View Post
A tarmacing Customer of mine has a skip lorry for such use, they have afew flat bed skips/platforms which they move rollers and small patch planers etc, then he runs back with a skip, I guess ideally you'd want the skip to hold the machine and then the muck?
That sounds a good set up dave!! Ideally yes a skip that I can get the machine in so your not running back for the machine or skips??

Shaun
  #16   IP: 81.158.23.147
Old 20-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratman View Post
Thank's Rory I would like to see them!! Would you get a five tonner between them?? I wouldn't want to put any bigger because I'm thinking drawbar specing it and if any bigger it go on the trailer!!
Possibly, depending on the lorry size and track width, I'll measure the old merc this weekend for you.

To put it in perspective the 13t Mercedes with Webb gear will lift 5t, (abit more in reality). We've only shifted up to a 3.5t machines on ours but with larger lorry (15-18t) it should be possible. You definitely need extending arm skip gear for it though

The other advantage is you can lift machines over walls and up onto banks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #17   IP: 81.158.203.134
Old 20-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Or go like this? Won't sit much higher than a conventional skip lorry?
  #18   IP: 109.148.237.180
Old 20-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davejcb View Post

Or go like this? Won't sit much higher than a conventional skip lorry?
Limited to capacity with the weight of the lifting gear and skip though there dave?
  #19   IP: 81.158.17.239
Old 21-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

If you've enough width - make a deck for you m/c to sit on, that'll fit inside a conventional skip - lift the deck and m/c up, back up to the skip and drop it in skip, then load the skip.
Reverse procedure on delivery to site and you've a skip to use. If space is tight, sit the skip on the deck, either on the truck or the floor!!

Simples!!!!!!!

ON Edit
You'd also have a flat bed for carting lumps about on too - dumpies, packs of bricks/blocks, whatever !!
  #20   IP: 81.158.17.239
Old 21-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards1993 View Post
I had even thought about maybe a smaller capacity skip wagon for myself, just to get started with as I've only got the micro. I find getting muck out of a job is the most problematic part, especially tipping it ready for a grab, messy and leaves no room if your already restricted for space, with a skip or a hook bin, it can be loaded, and moved wherever, whenever if by yourself.

As Tim said a platform for moving plant is a good idea, but if you need a skip then to have one modded for putting the machine in would be the best route.

Don't speak to soon about hook's being too top heavy, check out this numpty
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oundabout.html
OMG!!!!!!!!!!
He'd be lucky to get a mile down the road in Monmouthshire/Gwent without getting pulled