The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Commercial Vehicles

#21   IP: 81.147.97.203
Old 03-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: 3.5t tow vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MchaleBuildingServices View Post
Personally think the defender is one of the most over rated motors out there granted only driven a 2006 110 and a 1988 90 but they are horrible ok if your on a farm moving trailers through a field but having to pretty much drive everywhere with the window down for comfort, your knee constantly banging against the window winder, piss poor economy (fair enough the 90 is modded and goes like fook) but day to day life they are horrible
They are horrid full stop.
  #22   IP: 31.185.213.2
Old 03-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Personally think the defender is one of the most over rated motors out there granted only driven a 2006 110 and a 1988 90 but they are horrible ok if your on a farm moving trailers through a field but having to pretty much drive everywhere with the window down for comfort, your knee constantly banging against the window winder, piss poor economy (fair enough the 90 is modded and goes like fook) but day to day life they are horrible
They do look good though.
Graham
  #23   IP: 86.7.227.133
Old 03-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Intendant of the Building

and stupid money to buy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #24   IP: 109.151.167.166
Old 03-01-2017, 10:41 PM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Wouldn't make any odds if you'd driven one of the newer ones, they are still crap!
In their defence there is nothing that will touch them in terms of depreciation, they look great (IMO) and they are pretty classless (by that I mean you can turn up just about anywhere in one and people don't look twice - you could be Lord of the manor or the guy who empties the septic tank). The jap 4x4s are all miles better in every way, but they all look a bit flashy and tacky with all the chrome etc I reckon.
  #25   IP: 2.13.250.104
Old 04-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybusiness View Post
Wouldn't make any odds if you'd driven one of the newer ones, they are still crap!
In their defence there is nothing that will touch them in terms of depreciation, they look great (IMO) and they are pretty classless (by that I mean you can turn up just about anywhere in one and people don't look twice - you could be Lord of the manor or the guy who empties the septic tank). The jap 4x4s are all miles better in every way, but they all look a bit flashy and tacky with all the chrome etc I reckon.
Agree completely ... I have had 15 years of defenders and a nice allisport 90 that went well - we went everywhere in it and they are completely classless as you say - but eventually got tired of the hassles of landrover ownership - doesnt seem to be much choice though - one or the other.
  #26   IP: 86.142.226.31
Old 07-01-2017, 01:28 PM
Grand Master Architect

Anyone tried a new hilux.dont look as good as older ones in my opinion.i also hate land rovers.if youre over 5 foot you need the windows open to make space for your arm and no leg room even in passenger side if air con fitted.
Nick...
  #27   IP: 86.7.227.133
Old 07-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Intendant of the Building

picking the ranger up monday went for the 3.2 wildtrak auto looking forward to it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #28   IP: 87.114.222.202
Old 07-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
picking the ranger up monday went for the 3.2 wildtrak auto looking forward to it
That is what I've got. I'm sure you won't regret it. Been really pleased with mine.
Only thing I wasn't happy with is the tyres. Ford says they are all terrain, but they must have a different understanding of all terrain than I do. First time on wet grass side slope I slid rapidly towards a parked dumper I was going round. Changed them for proper all terrain after that and had no more problems. Have the original set with only about 300 miles on them stored in my container if anyone wants them.
Graham
  #29   IP: 86.158.219.100
Old 07-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Have the original set with only about 300 miles on them stored in my container if anyone wants them.
Graham
Can you PM me the make etc? might be interested.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #30   IP: 109.147.200.143
Old 07-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Fair play, I hope it fulfils your expectations.

When I set up alone back in 2001 it was a ranger I set my eye on but things took a different path, 4x4 off road and tow ability were not required and I went the van route.

Incredible how those vehicles have changed in that time

Rotation excavation across the Nation.