The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#11   IP: 81.147.100.200
Old 24-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: Micro digger/tracked dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsauce View Post
Takeuchi was a short tail swing I think due to the roll over protection frame, don't quote me on that. I've also been on Kubota u10 with front levers which I liked but they can nod a bit when you need to pull on roots or other though digging.

I ran my 1 tonner with a Volvo ED750 wheeled dumper which at 1m wide managed to get in and out of most jobs but not all. It was surprisingly stable and very capable on rough ground. I really liked that little dumper but could never seem to get the brakes to work well.
Those ed750 were great little dumpers.
  #12   IP: 82.10.225.154
Old 24-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Intendant of the Building

Got a new htd5 last year had an issue with tracking which they sorted really quick - not sure how well any other manufacturer or local sales company would have been but JCB have fitters up and down the country which is good
Other that it's been great as said turning is not the best, it does however use very little fuel, is very stable and just under 700mm wide.
Other manufacturers diesel models are (when was looking) a good third more expensive and tend to be wider also.
I've shifted a good few hundreds of tons with mine always starts and does what it needs.

I've got an old (very) takeuchi tb108 has been great machine really reliable although pin wear is arse. always surprises people to what it can do (it's a struggle but can move a full bulk bag of stone) again it's just under 700mm wide if the rops is off (which is a pain to take off) also boom articulation is 90 degrees both ways the newer ones look good and have considered updating although couldn't justify the price of swapping plus they are wider and don't have the same boom articulation although do have a slightly longer reach and in terms of the power think only the new tb210r has more breakout force

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #13   IP: 90.254.28.235
Old 02-05-2018, 06:10 PM

Ok I lied, my HTD5 broke down today, 1 month out of warranty. Starter motor not engaging with the flywheel just spinning. Luckily it has a pull start so we could keep working.
Seriously, why do I do it to myself with this JCB kit Although technically its the Lombardini bit that's gone wrong so.... ok maybe I still like JCB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #14   IP: 79.67.1.34
Old 20-06-2018, 05:58 PM
Intimate Secretary

So I ended up with a Doosan DX10Z. Impressed with it so far, seems to have plenty power, loads of reach and a lot more stable than I expected it to be. Decent size buckets with it too. Looking for a second hand JCB Dumpster now. Has anyone had any dealings with Devon Plant Services?
  #15   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 21-06-2018, 12:41 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo69 View Post
So I ended up with a Doosan DX10Z. Impressed with it so far, seems to have plenty power, loads of reach and a lot more stable than I expected it to be. Decent size buckets with it too. Looking for a second hand JCB Dumpster now. Has anyone had any dealings with Devon Plant Services?
I believe Tim knew the head honcho Jimbo .... pretty sure there was mention of these guys way way back in my duck hunting days .... real early in my thread ... IIRC BIL to Devon Duck's owner .... try a search

IIRC they usually get up to Brightwells
  #16   IP: 86.183.122.186
Old 21-06-2018, 08:22 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Chris Luscombe is DPS, been around since the age of trackshovels and tbh I've never heard much bad about them. Normal niggles from farmers wanting everything for nothing but beyond that always sounded like a good firm

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #17   IP: 90.255.22.46
Old 21-06-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo69 View Post
Looking for a second hand JCB Dumpster now.
I'm selling mine, just over a year old and very well looked after. Probably done around 200hrs. Only reason I'm selling is because I'm getting out of the groundworks game. Machine is virtually mint. PM me if you're interested, I can get it out of the shed and take some photos.

#18   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 21-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
I'm selling mine, just over a year old and very well looked after. Probably done around 200hrs. Only reason I'm selling is because I'm getting out of the groundworks game. Machine is virtually mint. PM me if you're interested, I can get it out of the shed and take some photos.
What will you be focusing on instead?
  #19   IP: 79.67.1.34
Old 21-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Intimate Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
Just did a deal for one today, bought the one from Devon Plant. How much are you asking for your one?
  #20   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 22-06-2018, 01:23 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
What will you be focusing on instead?
Gardening ..... heard there's a gap in the market might need filling