The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   IP: 2.10.6.183
Old 09-07-2018, 06:27 PM
furniss480 furniss480 is offline
Master Elect of Nine
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 466
Default Kub U17-3

Would be nice to hear opinions from anyone who has had some seat time on a Kub U17 - 3

Looking at one for sale - wont get chance to use it first.

Its a demo model 2018

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 213.205.198.254
Old 10-07-2018, 10:15 AM
Regy53's Avatar
Regy53 Regy53 is offline
Grand Master Architect
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Kub U17-3

very short boom and dipper, lot of utility work people use them for that reason. The bucket depths could be questioned against other standard swing machines

seem powerful, nice to operate and as usual with kubota very reliable.

Residual value is up there with the best, do you mind me asking how much it is?
__________________
Ross


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 2.10.6.183
Old 10-07-2018, 11:25 AM
furniss480 furniss480 is offline
Master Elect of Nine
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 466
Default Re: Kub U17-3

Hi Ross

Thanks for the reply.

I hadnt got round to looking at dig depth yet - if they are short of reach then its not what im after.

Saw the 8018 on your site - looks an honest little machine and unlike lots of other people I dont mind them - had a few over the years and they have been as trouble free as most and fairly quick.

I am still in two minds as what to get size wise .. I am going to keep my present 1.5 Tonner for odds and sods at yard etc and either replace it like for like or with a light 2.5 tonner to go in the back of the little hookloader when it finally arrives.

What suprised me was strong money people are looking for even for rough stuff - its that that sent me looking at demo or new.

BTW still waiting for quote on the demo Kub 1.7 so cant tell you.

Also I have a full set of buckets/hitch and other bits of a 2.5tonner on 35MM pins - would be nice to use them, I think they were off a 802 super which should suit some others.
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 90.252.45.237
Old 11-07-2018, 08:42 AM
OllieGunns's Avatar
OllieGunns OllieGunns is offline
Intendant of the Building
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 344
Default Re: Kub U17-3

I've spent quite a bit of time on a U17. In general I'm not a huge fan of the way Kubotas drive, I find them difficult to grade with across the range but the U17 is a really well designed machine. Easy to fuel up, access to service items is good, comfy enough to drive/ get on and off, tracks narrow down which is really handy for access and nice and stable when out. A bloody cold machine to drive in winter and the canopy doesn't really keep the rain off you as its barely big enough to cover the seat!
The dipper is quite short but its got a good size boom on it, I've dug down to over 2m with one.

On the 2.5t note I'm selling my 2014 8026 which will fit all those buckets you have. 1500hrs, full JCB service history, owner operator driven. It might be a little heavy for your needs (2800kg) but by god does it dig well. Alternatively got a breaker, tilt bucket, forks, clay spade + every bucket under the sun etc to fit 802/803/8025 spacing all for sale either separately or as a package. Looking for 18k+vat for machine but would negotiate especially if you wanted some attachments with it. I doubt there's a nicer one out there. PM me if you're interested.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 213.205.198.224
Old 11-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Regy53's Avatar
Regy53 Regy53 is offline
Grand Master Architect
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Kub U17-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
Hi Ross

Thanks for the reply.

I hadnt got round to looking at dig depth yet - if they are short of reach then its not what im after.

Saw the 8018 on your site - looks an honest little machine and unlike lots of other people I dont mind them - had a few over the years and they have been as trouble free as most and fairly quick.

I am still in two minds as what to get size wise .. I am going to keep my present 1.5 Tonner for odds and sods at yard etc and either replace it like for like or with a light 2.5 tonner to go in the back of the little hookloader when it finally arrives.

What suprised me was strong money people are looking for even for rough stuff - its that that sent me looking at demo or new.

BTW still waiting for quote on the demo Kub 1.7 so cant tell you.

Also I have a full set of buckets/hitch and other bits of a 2.5tonner on 35MM pins - would be nice to use them, I think they were off a 802 super which should suit some others.

The difference between the 8018 and U17 is a lot in my opinion they are different machines

u17 2.3 dig depth
u17 2/4 dump height

8018 3.0 dig depth
8018 2.8 dump height

The 8018 i have here is a nice machine sold new by a friend of mine and owner op owned by a regular customer of mine.

good luck
__________________
Ross


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 92.26.217.72
Old 11-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Mintsauce's Avatar
Mintsauce Mintsauce is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the Grub Hut
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: Kub U17-3

8018= 2477mm dig depth with 1.5m (longest optional) dipper according to the download I have been looking at.
__________________
One Wife, Livid.
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 2.10.6.183
Old 11-07-2018, 09:56 PM
furniss480 furniss480 is offline
Master Elect of Nine
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 466
Default Re: Kub U17-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
The difference between the 8018 and U17 is a lot in my opinion they are different machines

u17 2.3 dig depth
u17 2/4 dump height

8018 3.0 dig depth
8018 2.8 dump height

The 8018 i have here is a nice machine sold new by a friend of mine and owner op owned by a regular customer of mine.

good luck
I think just a bit rich for me Ross for a used JCB 1.5t jcb but thank you, I keep an eye on your site.
Ollie - bit too heavy - looking for 2 - 2.5 ton max



Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #8   IP: 213.205.198.232
Old 12-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Regy53's Avatar
Regy53 Regy53 is offline
Grand Master Architect
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Kub U17-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsauce View Post
8018= 2477mm dig depth with 1.5m (longest optional) dipper according to the download I have been looking at.
They are cheeky are they not 3 m is dozer down gravemaster spec.

yes 2442 dozer up
__________________
Ross


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9   IP: 213.205.198.232
Old 12-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Regy53's Avatar
Regy53 Regy53 is offline
Grand Master Architect
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Kub U17-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
I think just a bit rich for me Ross for a used JCB 1.5t jcb but thank you, I keep an eye on your site.
Ollie - bit too heavy - looking for 2 - 2.5 ton max



Cheers.
No problem there a bag o sand off for a ce member
__________________
Ross


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.