The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat

#101   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 06-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: so basically they're bust

I know Ollie ....... and there is so much more I could put up too ....... on a daily basis, but just can't bring myself to inundate the thread with it ALL

As you say a sad reflection, but not just on the construction industry .... it's the same sort of thing across the board, in all sorts of fields ... I just don't stick 'em up

the country's ****ed and to a large extent it's the little guys, plodding along daily that keep a lot of things afloat. Without them the place'd grind to a halt .... without them, UK Plc would just sink ..... simple as !!

And they are being legislated out of existence ...... whilst 'the fat cats' and their ilk, fill their pockets, at the expense of everyone else !!!!!!!
  #102   IP: 90.252.45.237
Old 08-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Intendant of the Building

Another one for you Druid today in construction news...

Morgan Sindall has posted a 29 per cent rise in pre-tax profit from £23.1m to £29.9m in the first half of 2018......

Wait for it...

Revenue for the group increased to £1.42bn for the six months to 30 June, up from £1.31bn in the same period of 2017

Wait....

This increased the company’s pre-tax margin from 1.8 per cent to 2.1 per cent....

Wheres the facepalm emoji?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #103   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 09-08-2018, 10:08 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
Another one for you Druid today in construction news...

Morgan Sindall has posted a 29 per cent rise in pre-tax profit from £23.1m to £29.9m in the first half of 2018......

Wait for it...

Revenue for the group increased to £1.42bn for the six months to 30 June, up from £1.31bn in the same period of 2017

Wait....

This increased the company’s pre-tax margin from 1.8 per cent to 2.1 per cent....

Wheres the facepalm emoji?
Yeh well ...... what can you say Ollie ..... or do to compete with those margins ????

on another note........

......... and so it lumbers on

https://www.theconstructionindex.co....ll-handed-over

" He added: “My investigation into the cause of the company’s failure, including the conduct of its directors, is also under way.” " FFS

PWC are swallowing funds quicker than a black hole, I'd guess

then there was this, this week

" The Northern Ireland Housing Executive is refusing to offer any explanation as to why it handed Carillion Energy Services a £133m contract last year, claiming the issue is ‘commercially sensitive’, despite Carillion having gone out of business seven months ago. "

https://www.theconstructionindex.co....e-on-carillion
  #104   IP: 148.252.128.168
Old 09-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post

then there was this, this week

" The Northern Ireland Housing Executive is refusing to offer any explanation as to why it handed Carillion Energy Services a £133m contract last year, claiming the issue is ‘commercially sensitive’, despite Carillion having gone out of business seven months ago. "

https://www.theconstructionindex.co....e-on-carillion
We haven't had a government in 18 months........ don't expect any answers from us anytime soon

All MLA's here not been working in 18 months and on full pay..... talk about corrupt ffs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #105   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 09-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
We haven't had a government in 18 months........ don't expect any answers from us anytime soon

All MLA's here not been working in 18 months and on full pay..... talk about corrupt ffs.
On a similar note, I read in the paper yesterday that 25% of HS2 staff (and it hasn't even started yet!) are on more than £100k per anum.
  #106   IP: 90.252.12.42
Old 09-08-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
On a similar note, I read in the paper yesterday that 25% of HS2 staff (and it hasn't even started yet!) are on more than £100k per anum.
Fuck me I've just found my new job!

#107   IP: 90.252.12.42
Old 09-08-2018, 09:28 PM

Its not all bad news though guys. Sounds like Balfour have had to put their money where their mouth is so to speak and actually follow through on something they have written into one of their policies.... on one project in one area but its a start!

I hate umbrella companies, proper scumbags not there to help anyone except line their own pockets.

https://www.theconstructionindex.co....y-exploitation

#108   IP: 92.26.109.22
Old 09-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
Fuck me I've just found my new job!
Me to Ollie will fail the fuck out of there lifting gear and get them to buy new at my special rates only 150% above retail plus 7.5% discount

#109   IP: 109.146.190.205
Old 16-08-2018, 11:34 PM

why FFS ..... WHY would anyone in their right minds take this guy on ??

https://www.theconstructionindex.co....-to-run-hs2-jv
  #110   IP: 109.146.190.205
Old 17-08-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
the next one, perhaps ??

https://www.theconstructionindex.co....44m-before-tax

"Interserve has posted a pre-tax loss of £244.4m for 2017 but chief executive Debbie White says she has ‘stabilised’ the business."

well WTF else is she gonna say ---- "we'm ****ed" ???
and these to**ers are gonna do this

https://www.theconstructionindex.co....w-durham-halls

" An Interserve consortium has reached financial close on a deal to finance, design, build and operate two new colleges for Durham University. " ..