The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#11   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

There are many more on - http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/v8druid/slideshow/ and probably many I’ve forgotten that I’ll include/upload as I recall/find them.

I eventually concluded, with the aid of various ‘learned opinions’, that, to get what I was after, the ‘budget’ was going to have to be ‘up-ed’/stretched considerably, which significantly broadened my field of search and quality of equipment available – sort of!!!!!!!!!
  #12   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 01:59 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

[IMG]

Massively overpriced at £32k and would not budge - still on ebay !!!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1509516175...84.m1436.l2649

[/IMG]

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2014 at 11:27 PM.
  #13   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 02:02 AM

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Very nice, clean Furukawa, but a bit big, overpriced at £21k, budged a bit to £18k, but not enough without any buckets whatsoever. Nice Lenhoff hitch, but a manual - still has it, as far as I know - was on his website last week!

I was also learning a lot from you guys, as the weeks went by and became more aware of just what was (a) out there and (b) what you were able to do with the various options produced, which was all helping to define just what I ought to be looking for. A VA boom was fast becoming a pre-requisite!!

It was also rapidly becoming apparent that duck hunting in the home market was a ‘seriously uphill’ challenge, as unlike our European cousins, duck was not the most popular ‘dish’ on the menu in the UK. So the search horizons broadened still further to the European plant markets and what a revelation that was.
The down side was the cost of transport home!!!!!!

This was the favorite, for a while but the selection was vast!!!!! (and WAY too much for on here)!!
Again though, the owners of this were 'hard work' and virtually uncommunicative!!!!
Don't folk want to sell their wares!??????

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2014 at 11:33 PM.
  #14   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 02:04 AM

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Then, along came Frank (Bucket on Wheels) and opened my eyes to the Norwegian market, where almost every machine wears a ‘tilty’ – the amazing pieces of kit that I’d been reading & learning so much about, these last months and was in awe of, for just what could be achieved, suitably ‘armed’ with said weapon!!

This was Frank’s first suggestion -- Mmm!!!!! Yummy!!

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Sold before I, or Frank could even have a conversation with the sellers - IIRC 140,000NoK - about £14k Plus 25% VAT and about £700 quid to get her back to Immingham, as roll on/off freight with DFDS - getting stuff back from there was/is cheap!!!!!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2014 at 11:37 PM.
  #15   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 02:10 AM

[IMG]

[/IMG]

To cap this revelation I found that getting a machine, like this, back to the UK from ‘Frank-land’ was cheaper than from Europe by serious factor – a third, or less, in most cases. Plus, Frank was incredibly generous with his offers of help and assistance in assessing potentials and became the “Druid’s duck-hound”, even eyeballing a few for me, for which I am very grateful. By the time I’d sussed the costs, logistics, etc. the above m/c had gone, but the hunt was on!!

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2014 at 02:28 AM.
  #16   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 02:11 AM

[IMG]

Again, from memory this was about 160,000NoK - at the time about £15.5k, plus VAT and tranny!

This was very nice too and IIRC 135,000Nok - circa £13k - no tilty though - getting choosy - all t'others had a tilty attached!!!!!

[/IMG]

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2014 at 11:40 PM.
  #17   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 02:11 AM

[IMG]

Tilting grader and a tilty!!!!!
Circa £16k IIRC

[/IMG]

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2014 at 11:42 PM.
  #18   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 02:12 AM

[IMG]

Back to looking at road railers again - but a very cheap, clean, tilty wearing one this time. Unusual pinned boom, but a useful option and could have easily been made an occasional VA - have a suitable ram sat to 'add on', with a couple o' Druid brackets !!!! IIRC 165,000Nok

[/IMG]

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2014 at 11:45 PM.
  #19   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 02:13 AM

[IMG]

Then this Komy 'popped up' - VAT free too. Was ready to go see this one, SOON, but Frank rang and said it'd been sold within a couple of hours, or so, of going on Finn. web site - http://www.finn.no/finn/b2b/construc...T%2FGROUP=8003 - one to watch guys!!

[/IMG]

I had all but decided that, to get what I wanted, a flight to Norway was inevitable and I’d almost certainly end up with the bonus of joining ‘the tilty club’, into the bargain, when out of the blue, a guy in Norwich posted an ad. on Fleabay for this lovely looking duck, that I’d never heard of !!

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2014 at 11:48 PM.
  #20   IP: 86.154.20.29
Old 27-05-2014, 02:15 AM

Was this the one ??

Hydrema????
They make ADTs – never seen a Hydrema duck, but there it was and what’s more, it had a very nice looking history too.
Low hours, well equipped, clean, tidy, one job-site all its life and never been road registered.
Too good to be true and a reasonable price, to boot.

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Getting excited?? I was !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2014 at 11:50 PM.