The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Introductions

#1   IP: 92.39.186.138
Old 13-04-2016, 08:47 PM

Default EX 35 hydraulics

Hi there
I'm new to this forum and bought my first machine last year.
I have a 13 year old Hitachi EX 35 and am trying to find information on how to connect the hydraulics to operate a grab and rotator. I have done all my own service and repair so far but knowledge of hydraulics is limited so can anyone tell me where I can find the information I need.
Thanks Stuart
  #2   IP: 154.57.241.7
Old 13-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Intendant of the Building

Default Re: EX 35 hydraulics

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forum, feel free to get stuck in, its a goldmine of information.
On your question, I assume you only have one aux line down to the dipper and that's single acting? If so then a mate of mine has got a grab going by connecting the rotate function to the aux pipework and 'T'eed into the bucket ram to make the grab work. Means he can only spin the grab one way but it works and is a cheap bodge.

I'm just waiting for someone to suggest a tilt rotator.... they love one of those round here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #3   IP: 86.186.125.232
Old 14-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

can think of 3 ways of doing it.

if the single acting service'll convert to 2 way .... someone bought a kit for a Kub recently on here to do it ...... covert to 2 way and use a 6 way diverter to select either rotate or grab with a button and oil it with the aux (now converted to 2 way)

Or

two 6 way diverters and tee into the crowd ram plumbing ....first diverter gives you either crowd or the second diverter .... the second diverter then gives you the choice of rotate or clam. controlled by 2 buttons.

Or

the other way is probably the easiest and maybe cheapest ..... two 2 way cetops and a dual manifold supplied by the one way service .... the cetops will enable you to select rotate left/right and clam open/close and even simultaneously .. operated by 4 buttons.

Is the aux proportional?????

Oh one other way ..... tee into the crowd ram with a 6 way again to feed the same cetop set up as above, but you'd need to ensure you only operated the crowd in one direction to act as a P and T (one way supply) or you piss off the cetops, big time .... I'd put a one way check valve in the circuit to overcome any accidental reversals on the crowd plumbing feeding the cetop manifold .

this would give you full proportional control .... just select where you want the oil with a button ...... It's how my VA-r works, but mines on my rotate pedal for oil.

ON EDIT

OR ......... as Ollie says ....... stick a tilty on it ........... oh... and welcome to the forum Boyo

Last edited by V8Druid; 14-04-2016 at 12:05 AM.
  #4   IP: 2.29.60.24
Old 14-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Intendant of the Building

Ollie if he keeps spinning it the same way it will come unscrewed like mini diggers do, then the cab fall off. D'oh.
  #5   IP: 92.39.186.138
Old 14-04-2016, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the info. I don't have any auxiliary hydraulics on this machine at all and didn't really know where to start as my understanding of hydraulics I could write on the back of a fag packet but I would like to do a proper job on it. I will look into all ways and hopefully start to learn something too. Thanks again Stuart
  #6   IP: 86.186.125.232
Old 14-04-2016, 09:31 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart c View Post
Thanks for the info. I don't have any auxiliary hydraulics on this machine at all and didn't really know where to start as my understanding of hydraulics I could write on the back of a fag packet but I would like to do a proper job on it. I will look into all ways and hopefully start to learn something too. Thanks again Stuart
That's a bit of a bummer then Stu ...

IMHDO your best option is as already said ..... tee into crowd plumbing with two 6 way diverters
one diverts from the ram in the default position to the second diverter when energised.
the second one will allow you to select either rotate or clam, which will be operated by your crowd motion on the lever.

the crowd ram will be hydraulically locked where ever you leave it when you activate first diverter.

I'd have the grab action on the default position on the second diverter and rotate on activated.
that way you can set the rotation of the grab to say in line and simply switch back/fore from crowd to grab.
  #7   IP: 86.186.125.232
Old 14-04-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger man View Post
Ollie if he keeps spinning it the same way it will come unscrewed like mini diggers do, then the cab fall off. D'oh.
not that old cherry DM ....... but is it left or right hand thread .. that is the question
  #8   IP: 213.205.198.111
Old 14-04-2016, 09:42 PM

Give these people a ring. http://summitequipment.co.uk/

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 14-04-2016 at 09:46 PM.
  #9   IP: 92.39.186.138
Old 14-04-2016, 09:57 PM

Thanks for that V8Druid. I will make some phone calls tomorrow and price it up. Also started looking at tiltys. Fantastic looking things but also pricey I'd say. I am in Ireland and have found a guy who supplies them in the North through this forum so may give him a call tomorrow anyway.
  #10   IP: 81.136.67.12
Old 14-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart c View Post
Hi Stuart, a few ways to do it, one as said earlier 2 6 way diverter valves. Although this could be bulky on the dipper etc!

the other is a few 3 way manual valves, 1 each side of the dipper t'd into the bucket ram circuit, this will do your grab! And the other 2 t'd into the boom offset ram with 2 extra hoses up the boom to do the rotator! You could fit an electric 6 way diverter in there and switch between offset and rotator!

What part of the world are you in?

Aiden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.