The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Introductions

#11   IP: 86.186.125.232
Old 14-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: EX 35 hydraulics

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
That's a bit of a bummer then Stu ...

IMHDO your best option is as already said ..... tee into crowd plumbing with two 6 way diverters
one diverts from the ram in the default position to the second diverter when energised.
the second one will allow you to select either rotate or clam, which will be operated by your crowd motion on the lever.

the crowd ram will be hydraulically locked where ever you leave it when you activate first diverter.

I'd have the grab action on the default position on the second diverter and rotate on activated.
that way you can set the rotation of the grab to say in line and simply switch back/fore from crowd to grab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart c View Post
Thanks for the info. I don't have any auxiliary hydraulics on this machine at all and didn't really know where to start as my understanding of hydraulics I could write on the back of a fag packet but I would like to do a proper job on it. I will look into all ways and hopefully start to learn something too. Thanks again Stuart
diverter valves here Stu

http://www.flowfitonline.com/hydraul...rt-size-12-vdc

http://www.flowfitonline.com/search?...&name=/387.pdf

These can be 'ganged' together to cut down on pipework.

6 ports, per valve ..... A & B, C & D, E & F.

Connect your crowd ram pipes to A & B .. and the ram to C & D.

when they're ganged E & F will feed A & B of the second unit when the first unit's solenoid is energised.

the C & D ports of the second unit then get connected to the clam plumbing and E & F ports to the rotate plumbing.

Default in the second unit will give you control of the grab when you energise the first unit's solenoid, diverting the flow from the crowd ram to the second unit and thence to either the grab circuit at default, or to rotate when the second unit's solenoid is energised job done

Only other thing you will need to do with these is they need a small tank return line to cope with any bleed through on the shuttles, which is a simple 1/4" pipe, tee'd into any zero pressure/open tank return line, or even a line direct into the tank, if you cant'd find a suitable line to tee into.

then all yer need is a couple of buttons to activate the solenoids and a voltage to supply them.

Oh and decide where you want to put the diverter valves. On the dipper reduces pipe runs, otherwise you have to run pipes to the dipper end, from where ever you locate the valves
  #12   IP: 92.39.186.138
Old 14-04-2016, 10:27 PM

Thanks V8Druid. That all makes sense to me now and is probably the way I will go.
Hi Aiden. I couldn't be further away really as i'm in Westcork but I think it is you that is advertising tilt rotators on done deal so I will give you a call tomorrow anyway, thanks
  #13   IP: 86.186.125.232
Old 14-04-2016, 11:04 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart c View Post
Thanks V8Druid. That all makes sense to me now and is probably the way I will go.
Hi Aiden. I couldn't be further away really as i'm in Westcork but I think it is you that is advertising tilt rotators on done deal so I will give you a call tomorrow anyway, thanks
'Swhat this place is all about Boyo ..... I've had me fair share of help here, I can tell you. That and of course 'the craic'

Flowfit are the cheapest place I've found for this sort of stuff and fittings/adapters/all sorts .
their pipe prices aren't too bad either

http://www.flowfitonline.com/hydraul...hydraulic-hose

They re-vamped their web site a while back and it's a bloody nightmare to navigate now. This is the best point to start from .. their home page is a joke to search from!!

http://www.flowfitonline.com/sitemap and select "categories"

Oh and their online prices are half of what you pay if you order it by phone or from their ebay shop
  #14   IP: 109.147.111.133
Old 14-04-2016, 11:56 PM
Intendant of the Building

Could this be done by putting a diverter valve on the track pedals. So track to job flick a switch then use the pedals to grab and rotate? The down side is 4 pipes up boom.
  #15   IP: 86.186.125.232
Old 15-04-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifferr View Post
Could this be done by putting a diverter valve on the track pedals. So track to job flick a switch then use the pedals to grab and rotate? The down side is 4 pipes up boom.
sounds a hell of a good idea Griff ...... one pedal for each action and one diverter for each pedal

Didn't think of the track pedals ......... being as I'm on wheels

It's a perfect solution other than the fact that, my experience of small m/c's pedals is, ...... they're damned uncomfortable to use

Plus as you say 4 pipes up the boom ...... I'd be inclined to split/join them at the boom/dipper intersection .... less to replace if one goes.

Could then put 4 QCs on the dipper and simply plug grab in as required, or anything else for that matter ....... like a 4 pipe/old skool tilty
  #16   IP: 92.39.186.138
Old 25-04-2016, 07:17 PM

Thanks everyone for your help on this. I looked into a tilty but they are out of my price range at the moment unfortunately. I have a couple of jobs to do urgently with a grab so I bought a manual grab which I fitted yesterday.
It's ok, not ideal as no rotator but will do the job for now while I get the hydraulics sorted. Using the track pedals would be a great idea but I would need size 3 feet or have to take out the windscreen. On a positive note I now know 5 times more about hydraulics than I did 2 weeks ago so thanks again. Stuart