The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6881   IP: 80.234.154.97
Old 12-09-2018, 12:02 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

the Lloyd went on .... without the SMP ..... bit tight with it apparently ... and won't flow enough oil anyway

face shovel style was easier ... for running / loading it ... does a hell of a job
  #6882   IP: 80.234.152.63
Old 13-09-2018, 10:57 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

spent some time yesterday juggling firewood about .. been meaning to get this done for a while .... woodshed needs filling for the winter, 'fore it rains again and it all gets soaked again

slung three down onto the drive and took one down with me ...

then slung the rest down .....

bag lifter is so easy and quick ...and 'Pam friendly' ... POP to use

three and a half bags later ... and two hours of in/out - up/down in that bloody wood shed .... remembering to duck every time - almost!!
  #6883   IP: 80.234.152.63
Old 13-09-2018, 11:05 AM

get a few more in there yet, I reckon ..... after a bit more of a square up and losing the last half bag already down there ................... and my feet have recovered

losing the bags, from up top, made me some space to relocate some of me pallet pile and the third wood box, which've all been sat on the new flat area

and got this all cleared, ready for some black stuff and 40mm

when it eventually arrives!! .... the black stuff guys are real busy ATM

Also lifted me band saw out into a more usable spot .... got a few jobs for it shortly and had yet another small reshuffle of a few items, while I was at it
  #6884   IP: 80.234.139.111
Old 20-09-2018, 11:01 PM

so ..... Saturday saw three more bags down the wood shed ...

and almost finished stuffing it by teatime

also slotted the last three, out of the ten I'd filled, into me trailer for a Sunday morning delivery to the step daughter's in the village ..... gotta keep that lil' girl of theirs warm when the weather turns to sh1t ..

which it has well and truly done yesterday and today howling, horizontal rain ..... lots of it !!!!
  #6885   IP: 80.234.139.111
Old 20-09-2018, 11:15 PM

got the last of me pallet stack slotted away for now ......

with all the bags gone off the top of the drying cages.

stopped off on me way back from the village for a bit of an inspection to see what the field's looking like ....

was going to give it another once over, ....... 'til the weather turned to sh*t ... be a while 'fore i can get on there again after the last two days rain ... with wheels, anyway !!

Pallex turned up yesterday morning with me latest acquisition

welcome home to me plasma .... bought it back off the member who bought it back in '14 .....

with 3 phase now on tap ..... 120 Amps of plasma will make for some easy cutting of most things I want to do .... will do 32 clean and more with patience

Needed a bit of a clean, but he'd done an excellent packaging job, for it's trip back from Ireland !
  #6886   IP: 80.234.139.111
Old 20-09-2018, 11:40 PM

in light of yesterday afternoon's weather and the forecast for today, we'd planned a day out to go take a look at this .....

new Trago Mills shop in Merthyr ... it's ****ing HUGE

looks like a Disney creation .... God knows how they got planning for it ???

600 metres long in the main 'hall' .... stood at the one end you can't make out the other end clearly - where the floor stops and the roof starts

Been to their other places in Devon and Cornwall years ago and always well priced and stocked with all sorts of interesting stuff .... this one's no different, just on a MASSIVE scale .... picked up a few bits and bobs ... that you'd just not expect to find ... like boxes of M20 nuts, - got a great range of fixings .. huge tool selection .... all sorts of stuff and well priced, as usual.

Nice roast turkey lunch - I love turkey and again very well priced !!

wild old day though .... front sliding doors blew in as I was heading out of 'em ... caused a bit of a panic with the staff !! think they may need a rethink on them .... some screening might be in order outside the entrance or they're gonna be sorting them on a regular basis ..... but if they will build in Merthyr!? ..... LOL
  #6887   IP: 80.234.154.136
Old 22-09-2018, 12:46 AM

well we had some bloody rain yesterday ... left an empty cup out .... a good 60mm in it this morning .... wild winds with it too .. bits of tree and bloody acorns everywhere

been 'shopping' down me mates place, this morning .....

been instructed to 'produce' a fire guard, similar to what I had to create, to keep young Clara away from our Morso, for Josh's little un, Shem who's one very soon and becoming more mobile by the day. With 'hot box' season coming on he needs to be kept at a distance from their wood guzzler.

so after unloading me 'spoils' I plugged the band saw in and wound up the genny, as I had a couple of other items to lop up too whilst I was at it .....

apologies for the lousy, flared image

an hour later ..

one fireguard kit
  #6888   IP: 80.234.154.136
Old 22-09-2018, 01:00 AM

also gave it a try on summat a little larger to see what it was like for square ....... pretty good, so .........

knocked the genny off and set the bandsaw up for mitre-ing some box section ... got a 25' length sat in it and all set to go ...... pushed the go button on the genny and ........ nada ...... other than this warning light ..... WTF are "delayed inputs" and who told 'em to be active ?? weren't me

So .... phone call to me mate the genny man ... a few tricks tried and still ...... Nada!! ....
there are far too many fancy lectrikery gizmos in't control box ...... I am never going to need a modem to communicate with it .... and that is my best guess as to a culprit, ATM ..... we'll see tomorrow, ..... Serge is coming over for a shufty .... if it doesn't piss down, as forecast .... or it starts, if it doesn't rain

ran sweet as a nut for an hour or more and started first flick
so that was the end of my metal lopping for today ..... but was gone six by the time i'd finished faffing about and scratching my head looking for anything obvious in the panel
damned annoying as I'd have had it all lopped by then ..... fire guard, a couple of gates, I have been incessantly nagged about for a looooooong time and a bag lifter for me firewood man
  #6889   IP: 80.41.117.125
Old 22-09-2018, 07:37 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Check the bund round the genny that it's not full of water after all the rain that can cause them not to start a safety feature
  #6890   IP: 80.234.154.136
Old 22-09-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan caddy View Post
Check the bund round the genny that it's not full of water after all the rain that can cause them not to start a safety feature
dry as a chip in the enclosure Alan .... I seem to have cured any ingress points around the doors with a good clean off and re-set of the lock closure plates ... the doors all seal nicely against the cabinet now .....

there're several contactors clicking in / out but can't decide which ones .... or WTF they do?

this has such a techy set up, for auto cut in and tele-remote control by modem that it could be just about anything, even though I have it switched to manual control.

the fact it's in 'manual' makes me think it's more likely a sensor, like overheat or water level ...... fuel tank is full, so unless the sensor's gone U/S ..... just very annoying, as was all set to rock and get everything cut up, ready for a fab.-ing session

see if it wants to start this morning, but peeing down ATM, so can't do a lot if it does .... rain and three phase ain't good companions

thanks for your suggestion and input though

Last edited by V8Druid; 22-09-2018 at 10:21 AM.