The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Innovations and New Technology

#1   IP: 85.164.154.114
Old 04-02-2015, 10:30 PM

Default New invention to roll off/hook lift containers, your judgement please

I am in the progress of developing a new invention to the roll off/hook lift containers. It's a device that will help you move these boxes around on a work site. The work site has to be on solid ground. Work that is carried out on paved or concrete ground would benefit from this solution.

I'm from Norway and we use these boxes all the time, but we have always problems when we need to move them locally on site due to their heavy weight.

Is there anybody in here that use this boxes when you are digging in city streets or industry areas? If so, please tell me your thoughts about this.

See : www.jack-pack.as for details.
  #2   IP: 86.173.245.81
Old 04-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: New invention to roll off/hook lift containers, your judgement please

would be a good idea for rollonoffs , i find the steel wheels on the ones here never last long of are bent , jammed

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by d4c24a; 04-02-2015 at 10:45 PM.
  #3   IP: 85.164.154.114
Old 04-02-2015, 10:50 PM

Default Re: New invention to roll off/hook lift containers, your judgement please

Yes I know about this solution. This works only for standard ISO shipping containers and it will not fit to the roll off/ hook lift system, but thanks for your reply.
  #4   IP: 86.173.245.81
Old 04-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrys View Post
Yes I know about this solution. This works only for standard ISO shipping containers and it will not fit to the roll off/ hook lift system, but thanks for your reply.
yes i got mixed up so changed it to avoid confusion

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5   IP: 85.164.154.114
Old 04-02-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
would be a good idea for rollonoffs , i find the steel wheels on the ones here never last long of are bent , jammed
The steel wheels can be made from different materials and thickness. On our test platform we use steel rollers with rubber coating for better road protection and ball bearings to avoid jamming.
  #6   IP: 81.158.90.243
Old 04-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

There already is a device for sale in the UK that fits to the front of a wheel loader or similar which allows you to move the container via the front hook point. Realistically anywhere that uses a Roll on will have something sufficient to move it i'm afraid.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #7   IP: 85.164.154.114
Old 04-02-2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
There already is a device for sale in the UK that fits to the front of a wheel loader or similar which allows you to move the container via the front hook point. Realistically anywhere that uses a Roll on will have something sufficient to move it i'm afraid.
I know about this wheel loader solution. The problem is that we don't have a wheel loader available all the time, espesially when we work in tight city streets where space is limited. An excavator will not lift the front end of the container if it's heavy loaded, except if it's a realy big rug.
  #8   IP: 46.33.141.223
Old 04-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Grand Master Architect

Looks a handy bit of kit so long as the price is realistic.
  #9   IP: 31.51.221.118
Old 04-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Knight of the East and West

Most sites here will push/pull the roll on/off if needed, with whatever they have, with little regard for the skip. I can't see anyone paying extra for a roll on/off fitted with this system?
  #10   IP: 85.164.154.114
Old 04-02-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Most sites here will push/pull the roll on/off if needed, with whatever they have, with little regard for the skip. I can't see anyone paying extra for a roll on/off fitted with this system?
We also do, if we have what's needed to do it. We don't always have, that's the problem. The unit is not fitted permanent on the box, it's only an attachment that you put on when needed on some special worksites.

Tags
hook lift, roll off