The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #20   IP: 86.174.112.250
Old 06-12-2016, 07:18 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: Trax / Tim Rayner 19/3/61 - 13/10/16

Heads Up and have a read , very fitting

To start with I'd better explain that although it's got 'd4c24a' at the top of this post, it's actually being written by tony24713. My account has been disabled as I have not visited the site in about 2 years and despite various requests to reactivate it, I've heard nothing back. I'm grateful to Graham for posting this on my behalf.

It was by chance that I visited the forum about a month ago and read about Tim's death. Although I never met him in person, I did get to know him on here back in the early days over 4 years ago. Like anyone who has a real passion for their profession, Tim always gave advice freely and generously to anyone who was obviously genuinely interested and trying to get the job done. He could be a bit quick off the mark at times but gained my respect by being equally quick to admit he was wrong when necessary - something very rare these days. Contrary to popular belief, when you die you're not judged by your achievements on this earth but rather by the hole that you leave when you're gone. Reading this thread, I'm looking into one hell of a hole.

A few years ago I mentioned a little book I had called 'Dozer Operation' on a thread Rory had started. Tim asked me something like ' Tone, what about doing a few copies for us on here?' I said OK and several copies were sent out to what are now very senior members of the forum. Tim's opinion of the book when he finally got it was 'excellent' - the content , not the copying. I've spoken to Graham and Rob and we all feel that it's a good idea to do another reprint in memory of Tim. It'll be the same as last time but with one exception. Under the title on the front cover will be -

Reprinted in 2016 for members of The British Construction Equipment Forum in memory of 'Trax' - Tim Rayner 1961 - 2016.

I hope this meets with everyone's approval. We'll start a new thread titled ' DOZER OPERATION - a book for Trax' in a few days time that'll tell you how to go about getting a copy.

That's about it for now, Tone.

Shame there is no response from Julian of the so called admin Graham

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.