The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7221   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 03-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

so ....... Clara arrived at 7.45 this morning ...... Vicki says " you know the CH pump you came and tweaked last year ? " : ... " could you call by after dropping Clara off and give it another one ..... pretty please " ..... keep telling 'em to just run the thing every couple of weeks when not in use
Dropped little 'un off at nursery at 9 and nipped up to the village ... sorted said pump with a quick flick of the driver in the armature hole and away it went. Cap back on the pump and headed home.

I'd just pulled round a friend out walking his dogs in the lane heading for Druid central, put me toe down to pull away and ...... nada .. dead stick .... thought I'd stalled it - God knows how?? - but pulled in for a restart ... won't do it on the move .... and would it bloody start

so... walked the last two miles home after shoving the Golf, back into the hedge/verge as far as I could ... least it wasn't raining !!!

Spoke to a mate as I walked back ... "Fuel pump Gra ... known for it ... fine one second, dead the next ..... under the back seat squab is an access hole ... not too bad a job " ............ thank f**k it didn't die on Pam on the way home from Plymouth last week!!!

She was surprised to look up from her weeding and see me stood beside her ....... "get yer coat - we're going for a pull "

Shot back up in the Rangey, stuck a rope on it and dragged it back to me patch

Back seat squab took some extracting ... doubt it'd ever been out, but sure enough there was the access

note the unit locking ring ..... ..... only evident after 5 min.s with me trusty hoover, clearing all the crap off the top of the tank ...... couldn't believe the amount of crud that'd collected !! ..... and didn't want any of it ending up inside it

what a bar steward that was ....... hence the earlier posts .... no way José was it coming off/out, without either buying summat from VAG if you could find one ...... or getting creative

even with my foot on top of it and a 10" adjustable on the leg ... it still had to be tapped loose ... and i mean TAPPED!!
  #7222   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 03-10-2019, 11:43 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

it did surrender though

and the suspect ended up where most things do ..........

on me bench ..... an application of 12volts soon determined the lil' bar steward'd given up the un-ending struggle with gravity ... and'd quit being a team player

Lunch and an ebay sesh later and I have one coming ......... into me local factors in the a.m. at 08.00 ..... 108 quid ..... ebay was anything between 48 quid, but Tues/Wed.s (maybe?) and 178 quid .. same speed ...... so went for the local and OE unit ... sod it ... want it sorted and it's VAG/OE ... or had better be ... was what I was told/sold for the bucks

Not been my month for fuel pumps, eh !!
  #7223   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 03-10-2019, 11:44 PM

on the plus side ......... I did have a nice 'score' with this Tuesday .....

pity it's missing its 'woodboss' badge, but came from a trusted friend who's had it donkeys and only uses it for his wood burner these days.
he's bought summat smaller, lighter and easier to start (like auto recoil thingy) .... and I've had first dibs on this one for years ... new pot and piston 12 months ago, new chain last month and running like clockwork ..... a hundred quid sounded like a bargain to me ... so's not been all s h 1 t this week
  #7224   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 05-10-2019, 12:10 AM

today didn't quite go as planned ...... rang the local factors first thing, to make sure it'd arrived as promised .... Oh yeh .... and'd been put on a van for delivery to me !!! ... usually too much trouble for 'em ... despite being on a route

"Well i was just leaving to collect it, as arranged"
" I'll find out where it is and come back to you "

An hour later he's ringing to say it'd be back in the unit .... in an hour's time .... driver said he'd failed to deliver it as I was closed ... muppet !!

Anyway ... had a bit of a hit in town for various bits and bobs, top up the fridge, and a few other items ... then went and got it.

me mate who owns the place'd taken great delight in telling yon muppet that I couldn't possibly have been closed ... 'cos i wasn't a biz address !! ...
if yer's gonna bullshit ... at least make it plausible!!!!!!!

box'd had a hard ride at some point, so got opened 'fore it left there .... but looked fine, so it came home.

a very different unit, but basically the replacement ..

it got 12v on the bench ... and ran sweet, so in it went ...

glad I had the spanner made up .... would've taken some dogging down without it ...but all went in well ...

on/offed it maybe 20+ times to prime the filter up .......and didn't think it was gonna start .. 'til it coughed a bit and was away ... Purring like a watch this afternoon ..... hardest part was getting the seat squab back in ... what a lil' bar steward that was !! ...
gynecologist job getting the seat belts through it .... at the same time as getting it aligned with three other locators ... but job done
  #7225   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 05-10-2019, 12:13 AM

Hoping this is the last of the three .... RR tank, washing machine rebuild and now this ..... they reckon it happens in threes ....
'twill do me for a while ..... buggered my plans for the last two days anyway ....was gonna have a look see what i have to do to this ....

#7226   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 07-10-2019, 10:28 PM

well I had a quick look under yon tranny on Saturday ...

might be busy for a few days dealing with what I found ..... "beauty is only skin deep"
  #7227   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 11-10-2019, 09:28 AM

Wednesday night

last night

Squeak in full chill mode LOL..... had to extract him from off the keyboard earlier in the evening ... to use it better find some batteries for me wireless one
  #7228   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old Today, 12:28 AM

appears me desk is now squeaks 'bed of choice' .....

had a few visitors yesterday afternoon

could see about a dozen all told ...... 'til I opened the door and about 30 or more took off, in formation, down across the lawn ... the shoot next door has obviously released a new hatch/batch

been giving this a spruce up .... ready for the onslaught of the winter's weather ......

amazing how the sunlight 'dulls'/takes the sheen off it in a few months .......
got it finished by the afternoon ... well and truly 'tarred' this end, with the bottom of me 25ltr bituminous drum, which I had to cut in half to get it out of ... time for a new drum of paint ... for the rest of it.

this end tends to catch the worst of it though and as it was nice and dry it had to have the treatment .. finished item pic to follow .. forgot to take one wednesday
  #7229   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old Today, 12:31 AM

pam was busy with the black gloss ...... first time these have been done in a loooooong time ... usually full of flowers ...

made 'em for her years ago and have lasted very well ..