The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Non-Industry Chat

#1   IP: 86.148.54.246
Old 03-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Unhappy the 'demise' of common sense

An Obituary printed in the London Times..... Brilliant!!

"Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.
No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- And maybe it was my fault.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).
His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.
It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.
Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death,
-by his parents, Truth and Trust,
-by his wife, Discretion,
-by his daughter, Responsibility,
-and by his son, Reason.
He is survived by his 5 stepbrothers;
- I Know My Rights
- I Want It Now
- Someone Else Is To Blame
- I'm A Victim
- Pay me for Doing Nothing
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
"
  #2   IP: 86.148.54.246
Old 05-08-2018, 12:51 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: the 'demise' of common sense

so WTF is going on here then ??????

"Dear V8Druid,

Mintsauce has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - the 'demise' of common sense - in the Non-Industry Chat forum of The British Construction Equipment Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread....3&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
R.I.P He Will be missed. Oh dear i shouldn't be gender specific the gender police might be watching.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
"

" Dear V8Druid,

modelman093 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - the 'demise' of common sense - in the Non-Industry Chat forum of The British Construction Equipment Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread....3&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Many a true word.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,

"

You guys delete these??? or is there something else 'occurring' ?????

This been 'ghosted' perhaps?? ..... but that would require intervention from our illustrious leader .... so doubt that very much
  #3   IP: 78.149.4.253
Old 05-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I had made a light hearted remark, then read the start of what looked like a bitch fight on your other thread and then changed my mind.

Can't speak for model man but had enough of it really as I come here for a bit of fun.
  #4   IP: 86.158.95.146
Old 05-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Elect of Fifteen

No bitch fight, respectful exchange of views. I realised Druid hadn't posted out of malice, end of. Don't read into it something that wasn't there.

Last edited by bri963; 05-08-2018 at 07:38 PM.
  #5   IP: 31.93.14.88
Old 05-08-2018, 09:07 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri963 View Post
No bitch fight, respectful exchange of views. I realised Druid hadn't posted out of malice, end of. Don't read into it something that wasn't there.

Will second that.
  #6   IP: 86.158.95.146
Old 05-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
Will second that.
Ah, triumph of common sense!
  #7   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 05-08-2018, 10:43 PM

LOL lads ..... 'praps he's been exhumed
  #8   IP: 86.158.95.146
Old 05-08-2018, 10:48 PM
Elect of Fifteen

On life support, but still twitching.
  #9   IP: 109.153.114.21
Old 05-08-2018, 11:25 PM

I had heard that he'd been given the Defibrillator treatment, but left a DNR behind, as he'd lost all hope
  #10   IP: 90.213.99.156
Old 07-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Elect of Fifteen

I use to go on several other forums and they have nearly all been infiltrated by corbin left wing bigots who when anybody post anything like this start being nasty to the poster calling them tory scrum against the the unfortunate who cant(workshy)work, bet you voted for the wicked witch etc .This forum is one of the very few I go on that have not been fcuked up by them,the other forums werent political forums one was a selfbluild campervan site one was a site for computer,andriod,apple forum and posted on anything else chat
unfortunately for UK The Demise of Common sense Obituary is so accurate
It seems most forums on any subject seems to be slowly dying , some killed off by trolls but probably faceache or twittershit is killing the forums I am on instagram but do not go on much Bob