The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Events

#61   IP: 82.1.166.232
Old 05-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: Engcon Big Dig Day - Saturday 3rd March 2018

Was a great day albeit slightly cold when you weren't in the cab!

Have to agree on the JS131 - couldn't get that to grade at all, was glad to get off it

and yes the DC2 joysticks I also found too large and didn't feel right to hold but can defo see the benefits functionality wise.

I loved that U25-3 - yes the cab is cramped which doesn't help feathering but still got on OK with the control system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #62   IP: 83.197.102.226
Old 05-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Master Elect of Nine

So my 080-3a Kub has Twin breaker lines - and a separate piped hyd hitch and a third line down one side of boom ?

But I have the standard (I think) prop roller on the right stick and buttons on the left.

What would be the best workable setup on there,keeping existing sticks that would allow me to swop the tilty onto next suitably specified machine - would I have to go similar to the U25 setup with tilt on the prop and rotate on left stick on buttons with pedal controlling flow ? the idea of changing joysticks etc is a no go for me on a machine with 4000 odd hours clocked up.
  #63   IP: 81.129.193.34
Old 06-03-2018, 12:34 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
So my 080-3a Kub has Twin breaker lines - and a separate piped hyd hitch and a third line down one side of boom ?

But I have the standard (I think) prop roller on the right stick and buttons on the left.

What would be the best workable setup on there,keeping existing sticks that would allow me to swop the tilty onto next suitably specified machine - would I have to go similar to the U25 setup with tilt on the prop and rotate on left stick on buttons with pedal controlling flow ? the idea of changing joysticks etc is a no go for me on a machine with 4000 odd hours clocked up.
interesting challenge .... if it were mine .....4 piper ..... prop roller on the right stick for the tilt, as said ... and use the breaker pedal which is two way (???), if I'm reading this right, to run the rotate from the pedal.......or are the buttons on the left stick the breaker circuit?
if so the best you'd manage'd be stab, stab for rotate, if that's the case ...

depends how long you'd be intending to tolerate that, before upgrading the machine.

Stab stab is how they all started out
  #64   IP: 86.128.55.18
Old 06-03-2018, 08:16 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Stab stab is how they all started out
Your an Embarrassment

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #65   IP: 81.129.193.34
Old 06-03-2018, 09:24 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Your an Embarrassment
that's as maybe Rory ........ but I'm consistent, at least
  #66   IP: 31.52.231.240
Old 07-03-2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strott View Post
Was a great day albeit slightly cold when you weren't in the cab!

Have to agree on the JS131 - couldn't get that to grade at all, was glad to get off it

and yes the DC2 joysticks I also found too large and didn't feel right to hold but can defo see the benefits functionality wise.

I loved that U25-3 - yes the cab is cramped which doesn't help feathering but still got on OK with the control system.
can understand a cramped cab and dinky pedal making for 'hard work' with the system on the lil' Kub Stephen .... interesting to hear you "got on OK with the control system" ... you'd enjoy a full size pedal in a full size cab
Come and have a go
  #67   IP: 86.128.55.18
Old 07-03-2018, 08:10 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Come and have a go
Be careful what you wish for.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #68   IP: 87.113.142.97
Old 20-04-2018, 06:15 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Received the Engcon news letter today. There is a write up about the Big Dig day. Anyone admitting to staring in the photos. I don't recognise anyone, but I haven't met that many people from the forum face to face.
Graham
  #69   IP: 78.149.1.25
Old 20-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Not me. The pic doesn't do justice to how cold it felt stood there waiting for a turn.

When it came to choosing between getting froze or sitting in a warm cab showing everyone how not to do it, the choosing was easy!
  #70   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 20-04-2018, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Received the Engcon news letter today. There is a write up about the Big Dig day. Anyone admitting to staring in the photos. I don't recognise anyone, but I haven't met that many people from the forum face to face.
Graham
so where's the pic Gra ...... not all of us are honoured and graced with the said publication