The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6231   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 18-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druidís New Duck Ė í99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
I think Iíd get a dedicated TCT chop saw, Iíve got both the TCT and abrasive chop saws, by Makita , and they are both completely different animals, I donít think Iíd want a TCT on the abrasive one, it wouldnít like it!
That chop saw is also a Makita James .... from the days when things were made of metal ....... had it a long time

I've got a sliding/pull down TCT chop saw ... name escapes me .. but a tidy one and fairly new .... does a beautiful job on wood ...
must get the 'destructions' out the box for it and see if it does metal too
the 'Evolution' ones are billed as doing so
  #6232   IP: 109.152.21.147
Old 19-02-2018, 12:25 AM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
That chop saw is also a Makita James .... from the days when things were made of metal ....... had it a long time

I've got a sliding/pull down TCT chop saw ... name escapes me .. but a tidy one and fairly new .... does a beautiful job on wood ...
must get the 'destructions' out the box for it and see if it does metal too
the 'Evolution' ones are billed as doing so
My Makita abrasive chop, has a double hinge at the base, itís sprung loaded, but you can sort of pull the wheel through the cut, so the blade can move across the cut a little. Yours appears to be a fixed pivot. Iíd be scared of putting the TCT on mine because of this movement in the saw, I think it could be an issue.
And Iím sure the speed is different. They are totally different machines, itís not just the blade.
  #6233   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 19-02-2018, 10:22 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
My Makita abrasive chop, has a double hinge at the base, itís sprung loaded, but you can sort of pull the wheel through the cut, so the blade can move across the cut a little.
Yours appears to be a fixed pivot. Iíd be scared of putting the TCT on mine because of this movement in the saw, I think it could be an issue.
And Iím sure the speed is different. They are totally different machines, itís not just the blade.
you and me both James my ol' girl can stick with the abrasives
  #6234   IP: 86.143.239.13
Old 19-02-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
you and me both James my ol' girl can stick with the abrasives
Looked at mine this morning the abrasive chop saw does 3100, it say ďNĒ, but not sure what that is referring to, itís speed or M per minute, unless Iím having a bad brain day I canít think what the N stands for? Anyway, Abrasive chop is 3100N and the TCT is 1300N, so whichever way you look at it itís considerably slower. And the makita blades I use are only rated at 2000N

I really rate the TCT, but would advise using one on a dedicated machine.
  #6235   IP: 81.141.201.57
Old 19-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Knight of the East

N - Newtons of force?

Quote:
A newton (N) is the international unit of measure for force. One newton is equal to 1 kilogram meter per second squared. In plain English, 1 newton of force is the force required to accelerate an object with a mass of 1 kilogram 1 meter per second per second.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #6236   IP: 81.153.167.123
Old 19-02-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
N - Newtons of force?
Iím sure itís definitely to do with either RPM or distance, as in Meters per minute ect, looking at the blade itís a rotating symbol and an N, will try and get a pic, if it will load to the forum!
  #6237   IP: 188.28.162.66
Old 19-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Grand Master Architect

Just checked my battery circular saw. No load speed 4600RPM. This of course means bugger all as soon as it's under load it'll slow considerably.

The discontinued Erbauer multipurpose blade in it is rated for 3950RPM. I'm sure it slows at least to something like this under load. The multipurpose blades from that eBay link are rated to 4500. So I'm within what I'd call acceptable margins for this particular combo. Check your saw speed and check the blade rated speed, make the call yourself.

This combo makes a lovely job at least.

There are two speed mitre saws on the market for cutting both steel and wood at correct speed with the correct blades. That said, the Evoloution mitres saws are cheap enough and do a decent job, particularly with a better quality blade. I have blades for steel, multipurpose, aluminium, rough and fine timber and I machined a spindle adaptor to run standard 230mm diamond discs in mine. Very handy for chopping bricks and 300mm wide slabs on site.

Usually I run a decent Makita 300mm chop saw for timber, and a couple of Evolution chop saws for metal.
  #6238   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 19-02-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
N - Newtons of force?
I agree Rory, N is normally the SI symbol for Newton ....... but I doubt it in this case, as they clearly are referring to Max. RPM
Dare say it'll be something to do with their country of origin's systems.?
  #6239   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 19-02-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
Just checked my battery circular saw. No load speed 4600RPM. This of course means bugger all as soon as it's under load it'll slow considerably.

The discontinued Erbauer multipurpose blade in it is rated for 3950RPM. I'm sure it slows at least to something like this under load. The multipurpose blades from that eBay link are rated to 4500. So I'm within what I'd call acceptable margins for this particular combo. Check your saw speed and check the blade rated speed, make the call yourself.

This combo makes a lovely job at least.

There are two speed mitre saws on the market for cutting both steel and wood at correct speed with the correct blades. That said, the Evoloution mitres saws are cheap enough and do a decent job, particularly with a better quality blade. I have blades for steel, multipurpose, aluminium, rough and fine timber and I machined a spindle adaptor to run standard 230mm diamond discs in mine. Very handy for chopping bricks and 300mm wide slabs on site.

Usually I run a decent Makita 300mm chop saw for timber, and a couple of Evolution chop saws for metal.
Wonder if that's with an empty spindle or with the kinetic assistance of it's max. blade size ?

Forgot to look to see what make me sliding chop was today .... been busy
  #6240   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 19-02-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Looked at mine this morning the abrasive chop saw does 3100, it say ďNĒ, but not sure what that is referring to, itís speed or M per minute, unless Iím having a bad brain day I canít think what the N stands for? Anyway, Abrasive chop is 3100N and the TCT is 1300N, so whichever way you look at it itís considerably slower. And the makita blades I use are only rated at 2000N

I really rate the TCT, but would advise using one on a dedicated machine.
me neither .... but can't see it's gonna be M/min tha's 116 MPH