The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Forum Requests

#61   IP: 86.158.217.7
Old 18-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Default Re: Christmas Present - vBulletin 5 inc Mobile interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxman View Post
Technically.....but does it? I doubt it.
Julian is a good business man, so I highly doubt he's running at a loss. I can see it being a break even affair. Ultimately there is more than enough knowledge on here to start a new forum, I would expect the only reason no one has already is out of respect for the man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #62   IP: 82.18.68.219
Old 18-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Grand Master Architect

not without sponsors etc.

I am not saying hes in it for the money as i would have offered good money for the place but its hard to belive otherwise really.

zero activity, this place could of been spamed galore and he would never know. Let alone the new members that are not active. A person i employ joined 3 months ago.... not activated...

Shame none the less

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #63   IP: 109.146.25.20
Old 18-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
not without sponsors etc.

I am not saying hes in it for the money as i would have offered good money for the place but its hard to belive otherwise really.

zero activity, this place could of been spamed galore and he would never know. Let alone the new members that are not active. A person i employ joined 3 months ago.... not activated...

Shame none the less
as I said last night Ross .... young Alex down the road from me is still awaiting his activation after even longer

I know for a fact that he would be an active and interesting contributor

I know the pic thing is a PITA for a lot of folk ....... but if the new member's applications were just 'kept on top of', it would be something.

As has been said ...... Julian must have 'some' interest or he'd have just pulled the plug long ago, without even a 'bye'.

It's in out nature to moan .... but what we have is 110% better than no forum ...... end of !!
  #64   IP: 82.18.68.219
Old 18-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
but what we have is 110% better than no forum ...... end of !!
spot on, I dont even think about it, i just know from other forums i visit how well they can be if manged correctly.

Its a shame but i can use photobucket and enjoy the un moderated banter from time to time

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #65   IP: 109.146.25.20
Old 18-05-2016, 11:34 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
spot on, I dont even think about it, i just know from other forums i visit how well they can be if manged correctly.

Its a shame but i can use photobucket and enjoy the un moderated banter from time to time
totally agree ...... and it's also the 'dodge city' episodes that make it a very interesting place to frequent, aside from all the other great banter and info.

Long may it continue ........ foibles, warts and all
  #66   IP: 86.155.107.191
Old 19-05-2016, 01:43 AM
Knight of the East

what are we moaning about, its great here, we get left to our own devices, we self moderate and all get a long most of the time. theres no ****** sitting on his pc banning people for swearing or arguing. its brill.

another forum set up would seem like treason to me... although i set up a facebook page in the same name. that was when the forum was down and no one had any way of getting on touch, it has turned in to a mildly used page with lots of pics and videos. so it works as a side line without pulling people away from here.

#67   IP: 86.155.107.191
Old 19-05-2016, 01:44 AM
Knight of the East

lol, i didnt know h!tler was a censored word!

#68   IP: 81.159.53.108
Old 19-05-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
lol, i didnt know h!tler was a censored word!
yes it is , from way back at the start

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
  #69   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 19-05-2016, 06:59 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Technically it's quite the opposite. A forum this size should trickle along making money
There's nowhere near enough active members. How many regularly contribute? Thirty?
  #70   IP: 86.155.107.191
Old 19-05-2016, 07:14 AM
Knight of the East

yeah, theres no money to be made here. forums make money from advertising, theres the earthmovers ad to the right, and a halomec one and i think thats it. then they have to be clicked for a penny or three. the real money comes from having a lot of traffic to a forum, not just regulars, but people looking in deom search engines, so more storage to keep threads costs more and so on. i suspect if you had 1000+ people who were using a forum weeekly then you might make it cover its cost?
i bet i make more money from my youtube videos (60-80 a year)