The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Classifieds


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   IP: 31.52.247.96
Old 28-06-2018, 09:18 PM
PB1507 PB1507 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6
Default Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

Hi All, I have recently bought a 1968 International BTD20, It needs some work and a service/parts manuals would be very useful. Also on the look out for various parts .
Regards Philip
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 78.145.243.112
Old 28-06-2018, 09:37 PM
Mintsauce's Avatar
Mintsauce Mintsauce is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the Grub Hut
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

Sorry I can't help with this

Have you got much info on it's history?
__________________
One Wife, Livid.
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 31.52.247.96
Old 01-07-2018, 12:19 PM
PB1507 PB1507 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6
Default Re: Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

I bought the BTD20 in January from a farm near Southend, It had been stood outside for 10+ years but its general condition was good. It has a Turner 3 point linkage and blade. After a good wash, I removed the injectors and inspected the bores for water damage. It was good news no sign of water and the bores held diesel so very little wear, the engine was then turned over by hand then cranked over on the starter motor. Valve clearances set, recon injectors fitted, diesel system cleaned, new oil and filters and she started on the button
After a trial run across the yard, it was back in the shed and rectify the following.
1. exhaust manifold leaking, found to be paper thin and in need of replacement.
2. only steers one way, rh brake not working so removed the brake inspection plate.!! out came 5 gallons of oil and water So needs a seal or two plus recon brake bands.
3. Top rollers shot.
4. Track tensioners seized and no doubt need new seals.
5. 3 point linkage needs freeing off and some replacement fittings.
I have a feeling this list may keep growing.
Philip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0548.JPG (76.2 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 86.130.166.14
Old 01-07-2018, 01:50 PM
d4c24a's Avatar
d4c24a d4c24a is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: hook hants
Posts: 7,832
Default Re: Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1507 View Post
I bought the BTD20 in January from a farm near Southend, It had been stood outside for 10+ years but its general condition was good. It has a Turner 3 point linkage and blade. After a good wash, I removed the injectors and inspected the bores for water damage. It was good news no sign of water and the bores held diesel so very little wear, the engine was then turned over by hand then cranked over on the starter motor. Valve clearances set, recon injectors fitted, diesel system cleaned, new oil and filters and she started on the button
After a trial run across the yard, it was back in the shed and rectify the following.
1. exhaust manifold leaking, found to be paper thin and in need of replacement.
2. only steers one way, rh brake not working so removed the brake inspection plate.!! out came 5 gallons of oil and water So needs a seal or two plus recon brake bands.
3. Top rollers shot.
4. Track tensioners seized and no doubt need new seals.
5. 3 point linkage needs freeing off and some replacement fittings.
I have a feeling this list may keep growing.
Philip
Diggerhayne has one that he has just restored
__________________
work hard those that do not rely on you

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 1.121.127.215
Old 01-07-2018, 02:50 PM
ianoz. ianoz. is offline
Knight of the East
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA
Posts: 3,777
Default Re: Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

Says it is a copy so not sure of the Quality


https://www.agrimanuals.com/internat...al-14667-p.asp
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 78.145.243.112
Old 01-07-2018, 08:07 PM
Mintsauce's Avatar
Mintsauce Mintsauce is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the Grub Hut
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1507 View Post
I bought the BTD20 in January from a farm near Southend, It had been stood outside for 10+ years but its general condition was good. It has a Turner 3 point linkage and blade. After a good wash, I removed the injectors and inspected the bores for water damage. It was good news no sign of water and the bores held diesel so very little wear, the engine was then turned over by hand then cranked over on the starter motor. Valve clearances set, recon injectors fitted, diesel system cleaned, new oil and filters and she started on the button
After a trial run across the yard, it was back in the shed and rectify the following.
1. exhaust manifold leaking, found to be paper thin and in need of replacement.
2. only steers one way, rh brake not working so removed the brake inspection plate.!! out came 5 gallons of oil and water So needs a seal or two plus recon brake bands.
3. Top rollers shot.
4. Track tensioners seized and no doubt need new seals.
5. 3 point linkage needs freeing off and some replacement fittings.
I have a feeling this list may keep growing.
Philip

Beauty. I spent some time on one previously owned by English Heritage. But no 3 point linkage on that one.
__________________
One Wife, Livid.
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 94.2.173.62
Old 01-07-2018, 08:23 PM
romneyman romneyman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 46
Default Re: Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

To replace the seal that has allowed oil into the clutch/brake housing is quite a big job, you will need to remove the steering clutch to do it. Peter
Reply With Quote
  #8   IP: 31.52.247.96
Old 01-07-2018, 08:29 PM
PB1507 PB1507 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6
Thumbs up Re: Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianoz. View Post
Says it is a copy so not sure of the Quality


https://www.agrimanuals.com/internat...al-14667-p.asp
Thanks for the link.
Reply With Quote
  #9   IP: 31.52.247.96
Old 01-07-2018, 08:37 PM
PB1507 PB1507 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6
Default Re: Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

Quote:
Originally Posted by romneyman View Post
To replace the seal that has allowed oil into the clutch/brake housing is quite a big job, you will need to remove the steering clutch to do it. Peter
Thanks for the help, I am new to crawlers so learning all the time, but not a novice in the workshop.
I will try to add another picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0497.JPG (88.3 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote
  #10   IP: 31.52.247.96
Old 01-07-2018, 08:41 PM
PB1507 PB1507 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6
Default Re: Wanted International BTD20 service/parts book

And I have another, er , project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0626.JPG (45.2 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.