The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6551   IP: 81.129.192.99
Old 14-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
Merci beaucoup Gra .....
that looks like it might make it perform a bit more like it

'the man' is not going to be a happy bunny
  #6552   IP: 81.129.192.99
Old 14-05-2018, 11:50 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerfab View Post
It's the first time in a long time I haven't seen a second hand one on ebay.

They have a pattern part replacement - £630
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEL-JOB-V...oAAOSw4shX9KqJ

A quick look at Flowfit shows Galtech double pumps. Undoubtedly they'll make you up a triple to specification, but it would appear you'll be into the same sort of money.
Thanks Boyo ..... sod's law eh? ..... I'll give John the bad news tomorrow
  #6553   IP: 81.129.192.99
Old 14-05-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee_gus View Post
I’ve got access to Volvo info, will have a look tomorrow
cheers Gus ..... Aiden's going to send me a manual, hopefully and Powerfab's pix above confirm what everyone's saying .... and'll give me a fighting chance of sussing it a bit further
  #6554   IP: 81.129.192.99
Old 14-05-2018, 11:56 PM

thank you all, gentlemen, for all your input

Now to explore a little further and see WTF has been played with on it.

Dirty trick that, sticking a single on it to replace the original tripple-er

Not gonna be a cheap fix, either BTLs
  #6555   IP: 81.129.192.99
Old 15-05-2018, 12:27 AM

I've had a slightly more productive day here .....

Got a few loose bags of stone onto their new pallets and me pallet full of cable down off the top

Lifted the three dumpies off the cages and hoiked the new vented bags up on there instead ....

the bag lifter makes life so easy for getting them air-borne and exactly how you want them, putting them back down !!

Room for another three up there !!

Just about ! ..... still got more to bag up, apart from those three to re-bag and also lifted out a sided pallet full of blocks, I'd sort of forgotten about ..... emptied that one out to give it all an airing .... top and bottom layers were pretty dry, but the centre'll benefit from a few days in the sun.

Was going to re-bag the three dumpies this evening but forgot it's early bath night .... we've brought my treatment night forward to Mondays .... had to a few weeks ago, due to not being able to do it one Tuesday and it's a lot more convenient, as Tuesdays are a Clara day and we're both knackered after a ten hour day with the little 'un, so we've stuck with the Monday.

Did get a couple of hours in with the bucket earlier though and advanced the batter a few more feet ......

Last edited by V8Druid; 15-05-2018 at 12:37 AM.
  #6556   IP: 81.129.192.99
Old 15-05-2018, 12:46 AM

running out of room for spoil storage though ....

Me an Clara are gonna have to have a walk in the morning and inspect yon field access ..... could do with losing several dumper loads, before I can get any further ..... and have a look at an alternate hole for some stone/rubble, in a gateway that's washed out - big time !! Getting to it may prove exciting though

That's it for tonight ..... 7.30 kick off with the lil' 'un's arrival, in the morning ... will be a looooong day, as usual
  #6557   IP: 31.52.94.201
Old 19-05-2018, 01:16 AM

been for a bit of a reccy on the next fill spot this afters .... field is nice an' dry .. this ain't !!!!!

bit of a run down into it .....

might be a bit circumspect on how much I put in the Thwaites ... for a few loads anyway

'tis a tad damp in the hole

Like a swamp apparently when it's 'proper wet' and needs about 800mm putting in there to return it to where it once was ..... so I'm told !!
  #6558   IP: 206.45.254.74
Old 19-05-2018, 02:27 AM
Knight of the East and West

Put your tilty on and you'll be able to spin your bags in to the position you desire a little easier.
  #6559   IP: 86.171.191.177
Old 19-05-2018, 06:25 AM
Knight of the East and West

What kind of tree is that in the last shot; Horbeam perhaps?
“Returning levels to where they once where”: what happened to the original soil? Washed away, erosion from livestock?
Nice countryside.
  #6560   IP: 31.52.94.201
Old 19-05-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800CLC View Post
Put your tilty on and you'll be able to spin your bags in to the position you desire a little easier.
I could hang the lifter under a rotator Bert ... easy enough to do, but'd want to be doing a few to make it worth the plumbing