The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos

#31   IP: 86.141.195.105
Old 17-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: Plant, Projects, Fixes and Fiascos

Hmm, it does add up doesn't it.

Re the drive; I'm assuming there's a hydraulic motor involved.

I was wondering what use could be made of s/h potatoe machinery: you can get a grimme de stoner for a 1k; they've loads of those star thingys
  #32   IP: 2.103.118.130
Old 17-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Knight of the East

Need to say it again very good bit of engineering

My trouble is if I was to make one I would be waiting for all the bits to come into the yard for scrap price

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #33   IP: 86.186.163.95
Old 17-07-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Hmm, it does add up doesn't it.

Re the drive; I'm assuming there's a hydraulic motor involved.

I was wondering what use could be made of s/h potatoe machinery: you can get a grimme de stoner for a 1k; they've loads of those star thingys
Yep two hydraulic motors, one for each side, with cross line releif valves, each have their own speed control valve and both fed by the hammer line through a flow divider.

I'm sure if you ripped on of those de stoners apart you could use some of the bits n pieces to make a bucket. If the stars were in good condition for 1k it would be worth it just for them, I didn't have the time to hunt round for used machine just to get the stars so we had new ones. They have lasted extremely well, took a bit of a hiding screening some bags gypsum plaster last year, but done very well considering the use it's had.
  #34   IP: 86.186.163.95
Old 17-07-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
Need to say it again very good bit of engineering

My trouble is if I was to make one I would be waiting for all the bits to come into the yard for scrap price
Mog, you'll be looking at the scrap heap from a whole new angle now
  #35   IP: 86.186.163.110
Old 03-08-2015, 11:47 PM

I know this is really an Ag thing, but thought I'd post it up. It's loosely related to the topic/forum, it is a machine, has an engine, hydraulics and plent of metal!

The lime we dig out and screen/dry is now destined for the fields, and this is the last part of the jigsaw and the culmination of months of effort getting this stuff "fit" for spreading! The weather has helped, couldn't really do it without a bit of sunshine

This is the first load of the season, and pretty much me now, for a couple of months, I won't see an excavator much for the mo!
I will hopefully get some action shots at some point, but I'm working on my own at the moment and I don't think I'd catch it again if I hopped off to take a pic while it was motoring down the field!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.9 KB, 93 views)
  #36   IP: 86.186.163.110
Old 03-08-2015, 11:50 PM

Anthor of the old girl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.3 KB, 70 views)
  #37   IP: 86.169.176.71
Old 03-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Anthor of the old girl
they are quite some beast ain't they James - WTFs a tyre cost for the front of that
  #38   IP: 86.169.176.71
Old 03-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
I know this is really an Ag thing, but thought I'd post it up. It's loosely related to the topic/forum, it is a machine, has an engine, hydraulics and plent of metal!

The lime we dig out and screen/dry is now destined for the fields, and this is the last part of the jigsaw and the culmination of months of effort getting this stuff "fit" for spreading! The weather has helped, couldn't really do it without a bit of sunshine

This is the first load of the season, and pretty much me now, for a couple of months, I won't see an excavator much for the mo!
I will hopefully get some action shots at some point, but I'm working on my own at the moment and I don't think I'd catch it again if I hopped off to take a pic while it was motoring down the field!
Do you collect many pedestrians with the steps on that James
  #39   IP: 86.186.163.110
Old 04-08-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
they are quite some beast ain't they James - WTFs a tyre cost for the front of that
The tyres are all the same size, it's got a Goodyear on the front ( the original terra tyre), and Firestones on the back, Firestones are AWSOME on these, a great tyre! The Goodyear looks wider but it's a bit of an illusion , Firestones taller
Goodyear are obsolete now, think I'm correct in saying they've totally pulled out of the Ag tyre market, so getting them again is a no no, but I favour the Firestones anyway, and they are..........2500 a pop bloody frightening, glad to say I don't have to change them that often, but will have to organise a pair soon , the rears aren't shot, but getting down a bit and the thought of needing one or two and them not being available is worrying! Have been very long lead times in the past and you just know they won't be 'on the shelf' when you need them
  #40   IP: 86.186.163.110
Old 04-08-2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Do you collect many pedestrians with the steps on that James
Not if I can help it Gra ! Unless they are really keen for a ride in the A!