The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Useful Technical Info and Reference Documents

#21   IP: 86.173.243.207
Old 29-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: CPCS theory answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Gra, my understanding is there are no printed questions or answers available other than by illicit means.
That said, go to CITB website, click renew card and reading through you will find "module matcher" or some such similar link. By putting in what you have it tells you which modules you need to take.
Then download the information / fact sheets for those modules.
By reading and understand ( so I'm led to believe) you will then have the necessary info to answer the module questions.

Opinion is divided on ease, some say simple, some say failed twice probably depends on whether you read question and understand it correctly.
Eg
Tracked shovel / dozer module.

In reference to a towed roller. What is last thing you do before removing towing pin?

Many say, shutdown machine, isolate etc, etc, but if you've read the fact sheet it clearly talks about the need to chock a towed roller to prevent it rolling as they have no independent brakes.
In theory if your about to pull pin, you've already made the machine safe as your now out of it.
Seems reading the questions carefully is very important.
thanks Rob will have a look ,searched a bit on line but nothing was clear so to speak

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #22   IP: 78.151.49.60
Old 30-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Intimate Secretary

done my modules today for 180, 360, and forward tipping dumper. the factsheets are downloadable from cpcs website. no definite questions or answers but reading the factsheets completely will point you in the right direction. many of the answers to the question could be right but it seemed as if the most safety related one is the top choice. there is plenty of time for each module 15 minutes for 15 questions,
I never needed to do 180 module as the 360 one covers it but when I got my online application I messed up so done it anyway. what was a surprise was the amount of questions in the 360 module about lifting related things and as these modules do not lead to a lifting opps ticket its not my idea of relevant and if I want to add on lifting opps its a theory test at a training provider/ testing centre and more pain to the wallet no lifting opps needed for a 180 tho so where is the logic in that. easy enough to pass just take your time and read questions properly so that you understand it completely hopefully my last test I will need to do unless I get really enthusiastic at 65 years old.
  #23   IP: 86.173.243.207
Old 30-08-2014, 06:46 PM

I have found the fact sheets and downloaded them to read , had a phone call from the northern division of UK Ducks with tiltys and found them easily after that
just need to book up now
thanks for the help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #24   IP: 109.148.182.228
Old 16-09-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
I have found the fact sheets and downloaded them to read , had a phone call from the northern division of UK Ducks with tiltys and found them easily after that
just need to book up now
thanks for the help
All done today no problem ,read the fact sheets ,and passed 100% on each one

#25   IP: 213.205.230.18
Old 17-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
All done today no problem ,read the fact sheets ,and passed 100% on each one
Well done Gra.

Got my new cards back having done the lifting operations thing. Say cards as I have 2 of the bloody things now, too many sub categories to get on one pita.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.