The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Useful Technical Info and Reference Documents

#1   IP: 86.164.76.147
Old 15-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default CPCS theory answers

Thanks to kevthedig, I've got the answers for the theory test on 360s but I'm after the answers for 180s and forward dumpers now. If anyone has them and are prepared to give them to me I'd be most grateful. a lot of the questions are the same across the categories but there are a few item specific. I probably know the answers but they'd be in my own words and it appears that some examiners are a bit picky and want it word for word.

Thanks people.
  #2   IP: 86.164.76.147
Old 15-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: CPCS theory answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
I'm Ahem Quite sure I have 180 answers here buddy. I'll try and dig them out this weekend.
You're a diamond geezer
  #3   IP: 86.166.42.254
Old 17-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Can't find them in my files... I shall ring a contact monday and see if he can help.
Retract my last statement Cheers Rory, most of the answers are the same as the 360 but there is 1 or 2.
  #4   IP: 95.144.192.116
Old 18-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

theres one or two from recalection, One about checking the ground below your stabilisers and another about why if you had say a 1t load at full extension in line with your 3cx then slewed it to the side the machine would tip over. that one you do have to word just right.

Beware aswell when you come to picking up and slewing a load. We did ours on a NH110LB which is not really the best machine for it. it was feeling heavy at 90' whereas on a 3cx it would of been fine.
  #5   IP: 86.166.42.254
Old 18-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Grand Master Architect

I'll have a proper look through them today. If there is any other answers I'm not too sure of, I'll ask. If that's ok of course
  #6   IP: 86.166.42.254
Old 20-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
I'm Ahem Quite sure I have 180 answers here buddy. I'll try and dig them out this weekend.
Do you have the study notes for the 180 Rory? They sent these for the 360 and dumper but not the 180. Most of the questions are the same and some are simple but there is a couple I'm not too sure of. I'm not overly worried as i reckon I've enough to pass.
  #7   IP: 80.229.166.233
Old 13-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Soverign Grand Inspector General

Exclamation Re: CPCS theory answers

PLease do not post copyrighted material. We have recently got into some hot water over this...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UK Distributors and Installers of: Lincoln Auto Lube Systems | Loadrite Weighing Systems | Alphaview Vehicle CCTV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #8   IP: 92.40.113.208
Old 13-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by the very hungry caterpillar View Post
PLease do not post copyrighted material. We have recently got into some hot water over this...
That's a shame, Although it shows someone from CPCS is obviously watching.....

Perhaps they could show there face.... and tell me why despite doing all my tickets at college, an NVQ 2 in Plant and working really really hard all the goalposts are moving and I need another bloody category to lift things with a digger.....?

I would also like to do a NVQ3 in Plant.... could you explain why I can't?

Your's lovingly, - RJS

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #9   IP: 89.241.150.64
Old 20-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
That's a shame, Although it shows someone from CPCS is obviously watching.....

Perhaps they could show there face.... and tell me why despite doing all my tickets at college, an NVQ 2 in Plant and working really really hard all the goalposts are moving and I need another bloody category to lift things with a digger.....?

I would also like to do a NVQ3 in Plant.... could you explain why I can't?

Your's lovingly, - RJS
Can you really see them coming on here and telling the truth. They only brought in the NVQ to make the CPCS look professional. This lifting thing is a complete arse ache. They haven't implemented one thing to help operators.
  #10   IP: 31.48.79.220
Old 24-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by the very hungry caterpillar View Post
I only just saw this while working out the best place to post about the lifting with excavators test.

The paperwork I was going to post is the Theory Test Questions but I've just twigged its got a copyright logo in bottom left and I don't want to start world war 3 with the CITB

Basically there are 26 questions, some of which have a two or three part answer.
All experienced operators will have a very good knowledge and be able to answer
them. The biggest problem is how to explain it on paper

Rotation excavation across the Nation.