The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > General Business Issues

#1   IP: 86.142.156.141
Old 13-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Knight of the East and West

Default Avant loader eBay scam.

Just been playing this guy (or girl as she says her name is Amy) about an avant loader.
Seen it on Sunday night, late on advertised as in N.I .... 4100 I thought I like the look of that could do with one, but can't really justify it at the moment (or convince the wife maybe would be truer) . Went to enquire next morning but it was gone!
I spoke with Giles about it as I know he would like one, said it's cheap buy it!
Low and behold it came back on next day in Chesterfield.... same one... scam
Thought I'd do like ross and play along, she told me the same speal, through eBay for my protection. She will arrange delivery as she is based in Northern Ireland...... bonus me too
I'll copy and paste some emails later, let's just say when I told her I'm in Belfast now with an 8x4 trailer and 4k cash she went quite

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cps140; 13-10-2016 at 11:44 AM.
  #2   IP: 81.178.211.63
Old 13-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Avant loader eBay scam.

Ask if she has one of the clay twisting buckets.........still looking out for one

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #3   IP: 94.192.31.234
Old 13-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Grand Master Architect

leave my clay twisting buckets out of this lol

bloody idiots the lot of them

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #4   IP: 81.141.7.229
Old 15-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Secret Master

There are loads of scams on Ebay especially in the Mini Diggers, i even phoned Ebay and asked them what are they doing about it, Any ad that says i don't look at my computer much so leave your emil address or mobile phone number will 99% be a scammer, i like to play them along for a while, they always will tell you that they are working away so can't show you the machine but they will have it delivered to you on approval ( yeh right) all you need to do is pay via pay pay if you don't like the digger they will refund you!! Last year i was selling my Fermec 860 on Gumtree for 12k and low and behold it appeared on Ebay for a buy it now of 6k so i made contact and the guy text me all the usual crap he was away in Ireland the Machine was in Scotland and he would get it transported to mein Kent free of charge, i text him it's funny that the digger is in Scotland as from where i am looking it's still sitting in my yard in Kent you Fecking piece of eastern Europ**n scum ! funny i didn't get anymore response after that. There is a pattern with all of these ads and Ebay should easily be able to create some software to stop all of this as i told them. If it looks like a cheap bargain or it looks too good to be true it will be!
  #5   IP: 217.44.65.136
Old 16-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Knight of the East and West

You would think PayPal would want a few of these scumbags catching and made examples of: I wonder how much they lose over this sort of thing, or do they always manage to wriggle their way out of any obligations.
  #6   IP: 31.52.231.246
Old 16-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
You would think PayPal would want a few of these scumbags catching and made examples of: I wonder how much they lose over this sort of thing, or do they always manage to wriggle their way out of any obligations.
Paypal lose **** all Chris .... their so called 'safety nets'/protection ain't worth a wank !!

I'd not use it for anything more than an amount you can afford to lose ... simples.

so many wriggle outs/ifs/buts/maybe,s/not our problem,s, they aren't the panacea for money transactions they like to make out they are ...... not anymore, anyway.

As the old saying goes ... if it's too good to be true ...... it is!!
  #7   IP: 86.139.90.161
Old 16-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Knight of the East

the pics of my 1.5t kubota are often used in ebay scams, i used to ask people hynthey were using my pics, but ive given up now

#8   IP: 109.153.54.29
Old 18-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Any eBay add where the text is an image of text rather than being text youcan select will be a scam defeats the system as they can't read it as text as it's an image. Just try to select some of the text with phone or computer and you'll see it tries to move the image and won't let you select individual words etc
  #9   IP: 193.95.252.50
Old 22-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Intimate Secretary

same scammers are on our clasified ad pages as well. and i know some "bright" people who send money... and newer get machine
  #10   IP: 51.9.222.198
Old 06-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Had my account on ebay frozen on Saturday by Ebay it seems somebody hacked my account and advertised 232163163738 - John Deere Compact Utility Tractor 2210 and Attachments
It was removed before I noticed it I had to alter all passwords etc to reactivate my account ,my old password was rated strong Bob