The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > General Business Issues

#11   IP: 85.255.235.71
Old 19-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Provost and Judge

Default Re: The way forwards

Thanks for everyone's help it really is useful getting so many different views i spoke to the people advertising the local jobs but decided against either of them as i dont think i want to lead myself into a position where im stuck in agriculture im gonna activly start looking for something local that will allow me to learn something outside agriculture but will stay put until i find the right job

Thanks
  #12   IP: 85.255.235.177
Old 11-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Provost and Judge

For anyone that is interested i have just started a new job with a firm who carry out a lot of council contracts from verge cutting and tree work to groundsworks landscaping and building work
And they are prepared to let me learn whilst i still end up in a better position financially
Thanks everyone on here for your advice it really helped me decide what route to take
  #13   IP: 213.162.127.100
Old 11-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Glad things are moving along. Varied work like that can be the most interesting. Stops you getting stale. Once you are settled you may be able to get you employer to put you through formal training to up your skill level and usefulness to him, but also get you paper qualifications.
Graham
  #14   IP: 31.52.231.240
Old 11-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
For anyone that is interested i have just started a new job with a firm who carry out a lot of council contracts from verge cutting and tree work to groundsworks landscaping and building work
And they are prepared to let me learn whilst i still end up in a better position financially
Thanks everyone on here for your advice it really helped me decide what route to take
good to hear you're making progress Boyo and in a direction you sound as though you want to be going in
keep us informed