The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Useful Technical Info and Reference Documents

#1   IP: 157.207.65.30
Old 08-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Hand tools

Does anybody regularly get the promotional flyers from the likes of mac tools, snap-on and Matco tools?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2   IP: 80.247.31.92
Old 08-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Perfect Master

Default Re: Hand tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee_gus View Post
Does anybody regularly get the promotional flyers from the likes of mac tools, snap-on and Matco tools?
Catch my local snap on rep at local garage when I get chance, he also posts the offers leaflets on Facebook. Dont see much of the mac rep, they don't seem to last long in the area Iirc.
  #3   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 08-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Grand Master Architect

Snap-on is for those with more money than sense in my book. My Makita battery impact wrench does the same as my mates Snap-On at half the price. I might have a ratchet or two from them but that's about it.
  #4   IP: 185.69.144.241
Old 08-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Intimate Secretary

I just keep an eye on ffx tools if im looking for deals
I think snapon is a massive joke you just pay for the marketing there are plenty of outher brands as good that you dont have to have a dealer for
Facom gedore stahllwille hazet are all really good
  #5   IP: 92.17.181.70
Old 09-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Master Elect of Nine

halfords advanced stuff for me never let me down have a 1/4 3/8 1/2 and both of there go though ratchet sets. Also got a trade card off them so get a good discount off there tools and tool boxes said i was a fitter in the hire game to get mine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #6   IP: 86.155.227.82
Old 09-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Knight of the East

i rate facom stuff

#7   IP: 31.52.88.229
Old 09-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
i rate facom stuff
but nearly as bad as Snap-on for prices Dan, like MAG ..... Snap-on are just very clever at marketing and have achieved supposedly mythical status with it .... they're good .... but not THAT good
  #8   IP: 86.7.227.236
Old 09-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Intendant of the Building

Most of my kit is Halfords advanced/professional price is fairly good lifetime guarantee including ratchets

#9   IP: 86.147.230.101
Old 09-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Agree with comments about Halfords tools, more than adequate for most of us non professional full time spanner jugglers at sensible prices with very good guarantee

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#10   IP: 92.17.173.220
Old 09-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Generally tools are tools. I do prefere using snap on and use it a fair bit. Britool was allways my favorite and I have a fair bit of that too. New Britool not so good. I believe Facom own them. I don't like Facom anyway. Snap on do a massive range and some good specials that the others dont, especially fuel injection spanners and sockets. Adjustable spanners ........ nothing beats Bahco. They also do some good hand tools now.