The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Innovations and New Technology

#1   IP: 50.66.244.137
Old 10-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default I Dig Best and other Grade assist systems?

The last little while Clint and I (friend and boss) have been talking off and on about grade assist systems largely because I mentioned I got to use a GPS system on a couple of excavators while working in the Oil Sands last year, which I liked for the most part but the cost of these things for an owner/operator is a bit rich for my taste plus it's a lot of electronics which isn't always a good thing. I did see one place where the system had problems and that was during a northern lights event which pretty much shut down the system. I'm still comfortable with using lasers and laser receivers. Clint hasn't been digging as long as I have so he's still looking for an easier way and thinks this system called 'I Dig Best' is the way forward. I'm not sure about it myself and was just wondering if anybody has used a system like this before?

http://www.idigbest.com/
  #2   IP: 31.52.88.229
Old 10-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: I Dig Best and other Grade assist systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800CLC View Post
The last little while Clint and I (friend and boss) have been talking off and on about grade assist systems largely because I mentioned I got to use a GPS system on a couple of excavators while working in the Oil Sands last year, which I liked for the most part but the cost of these things for an owner/operator is a bit rich for my taste plus it's a lot of electronics which isn't always a good thing. I did see one place where the system had problems and that was during a northern lights event which pretty much shut down the system. I'm still comfortable with using lasers and laser receivers. Clint hasn't been digging as long as I have so he's still looking for an easier way and thinks this system called 'I Dig Best' is the way forward. I'm not sure about it myself and was just wondering if anybody has used a system like this before?

http://www.idigbest.com/
gonna be knackered when yer got to do it yerself after a few weeks with that on your m/c Bert ...... pretty impressive
  #3   IP: 213.205.194.186
Old 11-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I corresponded with the guy as I thought it looked a really impressive system and a fair price. But didn't end up buying for two reasons. Mainly no UK dealer, but secondly I couldn't find any independent reviews on the internet. Not so much a risk now with some of the deals he is doing.
I would be very interested how you get on if you go for one.
Graham
  #4   IP: 50.66.244.137
Old 11-10-2016, 06:14 PM

Hi Graham yeah I'll let you guys know if Clint goes ahead and gets this system it might be a while till he does as his business was struggling until recently. I'm still apprehensive myself so I'll wait till I see some reviews of this system.
  #5   IP: 86.28.110.229
Old 11-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Secret Master

Hi All,

I'm looking at investing in a 2d system, has anybody had any experience with any system in particular, had a price of Sitech which I thought was pretty expensive however it is easily upgraded to 3d if required, not sure if I'll ever need that and after looking at Dirt ninjas review on YouTube it seams to have a lot stuff which is not really needed?
I see Cps sells the IDig system, anybody used that set up ?
  #6   IP: 92.14.252.163
Old 11-02-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy gaffer View Post
Hi All,

I'm looking at investing in a 2d system, has anybody had any experience with any system in particular, had a price of Sitech which I thought was pretty expensive however it is easily upgraded to 3d if required, not sure if I'll ever need that and after looking at Dirt ninjas review on YouTube it seams to have a lot stuff which is not really needed?
I see Cps sells the IDig system, anybody used that set up ?
Hi Andy.
The I Dig system is a brillant user friendly system, there's a few options with it, but the 2D is very good indeed. Id be happy to discuss it more with you if you want more info and be happy to arrange a demo to.

There is unlikely to be any out there in the UK yet, but loads in europe, every one that tried it at our demo day was impressed... including a user of a more expensive Leica system

Look forward to hear from you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.