The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Technical Q&A

#61   IP: 81.174.242.105
Old 26-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Provost and Judge

Default Re: kubota ignition switch problems

It could very well be that the hole in the key is a sensing device, not a laser but infra red. That could easily fit in an ignition barrel. If you want to clean the opto parts in the barrel use IPA, iso-propanol, an electronics cleaner that is safe on just about anything, not a flame! It will wash out and evaporate to remove any grunge. I use it to wash out the ends of hoses when I have to do an emergency repair with a reusable fitting, cleaning the angle grinder grit out of the hose end.

I really can't believe that a safety device, the lifting barrier, is wired through the ECU. That a computer malfunction could stop it working just isn't on. Really ought to be a mechanical device attached to a hydraulic valve to stop any oil flow. Even a switch can easily fail.

Thanks, I was wondering what the Kubota red and black keys are for after looking at the one in the auction.
  #62   IP: 86.112.167.62
Old 26-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldchips View Post
It could very well be that the hole in the key is a sensing device, not a laser but infra red. That could easily fit in an ignition barrel. If you want to clean the opto parts in the barrel use IPA, iso-propanol, an electronics cleaner that is safe on just about anything, not a flame! It will wash out and evaporate to remove any grunge. I use it to wash out the ends of hoses when I have to do an emergency repair with a reusable fitting, cleaning the angle grinder grit out of the hose end.

I really can't believe that a safety device, the lifting barrier, is wired through the ECU. That a computer malfunction could stop it working just isn't on. Really ought to be a mechanical device attached to a hydraulic valve to stop any oil flow. Even a switch can easily fail.

Thanks, I was wondering what the Kubota red and black keys are for after looking at the one in the auction.
when lifting lever it cut engine revs and reverts all your settings to a standard dig mode would tell me its linked with the ecu some how and in terms of safety that would tick a lot of boxes as you can't do what Rory is suggesting as a temporary check permanently
  #63   IP: 5.71.111.180
Old 24-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Knight of the East

Had same problem this week, lad lost keys to machine and kubota wanted 890 to replace ecu with new keys.
We have bypassed the full system on the kx016 and its working fine now although on a new ignition.
We can now offer this service to anyone stuck and want to avoid paying kubotas fee. We come to you: 425 inc parts and labour
Dan 07958173173

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #64   IP: 78.151.103.33
Old 24-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
Had same problem this week, lad lost keys to machine and kubota wanted 890 to replace ecu with new keys.
We have bypassed the full system on the kx016 and its working fine now although on a new ignition.
We can now offer this service to anyone stuck and want to avoid paying kubotas fee. We come to you: 425 inc parts and labour
Dan 07958173173
Where you been Dan? Taking over the world.
I locked my keys in my kobata with the engine running. No spare keys
Had to prize the window open
  #65   IP: 78.147.3.167
Old 24-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Hi Dan you staying or just passing on through? Mind you don't trip over the tumbleweeds here
  #66   IP: 78.147.3.167
Old 24-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
Dan 07958173173
So you offering this on any machine new or old?
  #67   IP: 5.71.111.180
Old 26-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Knight of the East

Hi guys, been too long i know! Since we lost tim to cancer the forum didnt feel the same to me and i just drifted away a bit, most of the guys are now diluted across the facebook pages now so still in touch with most. If you are on there make sure you join british construction forum facebook page which is related to thos forum, and then theres uk groundworkers, plant and grab hire page etc etc.
Tend to get all my advice from those.

We would be confident we could bypass 99% of plant on todays market if need be. Regardless of aftermarket immobilisers etc. Kubotas we now understand the methods used and can do a permenant repair in 2-3 hrs.

A different machine would be a little more costly because we would have to work out the systems that need bypassing but we consider all kit is do-able.

Potentially, machines in the middle of a site can be repaired with this method etc without the hassle or cost of dealing with main dealers.

Last edited by Local Diggers; 26-03-2018 at 10:32 PM.