The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Technical Q&A

#1   IP: 94.12.210.86
Old 21-01-2018, 11:29 PM
Perfect Master

Default Fermec / Case diagnostics

Would anyone have any info or access to fermec/Case diagnostics, i am looking into the Fermec 965 Case 595/695 4 wheel steer backhoe loaders, everyone that i look at seems to have problems on the all wheel steer mainly for the back wheels, i am trying to work out if they can be an easy fix, i am not too worried if it's a printed circuit board fault as i have friend who can usually repair these, but i am wondering what else can cause these faults, There does not seem to be too much info on the web about them so any info (constructive) would be greatly appreciated.
  #2   IP: 82.30.1.218
Old 22-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: Fermec / Case diagnostics

We just sold one with the same fault?

I did look into it briefly but to much in them. Electrical boards are so expensive too if I showed you what Terex rrp of the tinyist board it havd 3 25p chips, a couple of Capistors and some resistors was 680 plus vat rrp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
  #3   IP: 94.12.210.86
Old 22-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Perfect Master

Blimey what a rip off, i am lucky that i have TV/AV engineer that i can call on he is really good at fault finding on PCB's, there is not much info at all on the known faults so its a fair risk to take a punt on one! What did you have.
  #4   IP: 86.130.161.117
Old 22-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

jcb,s was nearly always the axle sensors , had a dodgy ram seal once too

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
  #5   IP: 94.195.17.197
Old 15-03-2018, 07:51 PM
Perfect Master

Smile Re: Fermec / Case diagnostics

i thought i would refresh this subject again as i have just got a nice one owner MF860 with just 4500 hours from new. Apart from a really good service which comprised of engine oil/ transmission oil, back axle oil and hydraulic oil including coolant flush just before the bad weather. i had a couple of niggles a 4 in 1 front ram that i have just re sealed. All of the dash warning lights stayed on. After removing the front of the dash i found a small printed circuit board which i unplugged and removed, As mentioned in a previous post i have a friend that is very clever with TV AV repairs which he does all day long. He had a good look and tested the capacitors which were fine as was everything else apart from the small black chip (arrowed in the pictures with my pen) This chip is fed a current then shuts of after about 8 seconds (this particular one did not shut the current off so all of the warning lights stayed iluminated) so 70 pence later and about 1/2 an hour of quite fidly work an new one was soldered in and then varnished. I have just re fitted it and all is good the light come on initially then after so many second some go out then when the enghine starts the rest go out, So the moral here is if you have an electrical problem with a circuit board take it out and try and get it repaired or PM me i dread to think how much that little board would be but i would imagine there would not be much change out of a 200. Last job is to re seal the dipper ram but first i have to get the damn ram cap undone which looks like fun so any tips would be gratefully received.
see pics below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2614.jpg (97.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2610.jpg (87.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2611.jpg (88.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2612.jpg (87.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2613.jpg (88.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2615.jpg (94.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2616.jpg (91.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by topkit; 15-03-2018 at 07:54 PM.
  #6   IP: 81.147.100.200
Old 15-03-2018, 08:22 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Sounds like a good result to me.
  #7   IP: 31.50.50.60
Old 15-03-2018, 08:31 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkit View Post
....... Last job is to re seal the dipper ram but first i have to get the damn ram cap undone which looks like fun so any tips would be gratefully received.
see pics below.
what sort of cap is it ? pin spanner ?
  #8   IP: 94.195.17.197
Old 15-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Perfect Master

The cap has two hole in the side of the rim rather than the end of the cap, i have the correct spanner with the pin in the end which fits perfectly so i guess a scaffold bar on it may make it budge, i have sprayed plusgas all the way around the cap and will do the same again tomorrow before i try and crack it open on Saturday.
  #9   IP: 185.16.224.33
Old 15-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Intimate Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkit View Post
The cap has two hole in the side of the rim rather than the end of the cap, i have the correct spanner with the pin in the end which fits perfectly so i guess a scaffold bar on it may make it budge, i have sprayed plusgas all the way around the cap and will do the same again tomorrow before i try and crack it open on Saturday.
We heat the cap if they are particularly stubborn,check there isn't a hidden grub screw anywhere.
  #10   IP: 31.50.50.60
Old 15-03-2018, 10:55 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

like this Boyo ??

silver-steel pins .... perfect fit .... if they've been butchered previously drill out to a next perfect fit size ..... make up a good fitting U spanner with the pin centres, spot on and hugging the rod nicely ... tap it all together, plenty of heat around the end of the cylinder wall to cook the loctite out and plenty of grunt on the scaff bar on the U spanner

job done

As said ....... make sure there're no hidden grub screws holding that end cap either