The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Introductions

#31   IP: 82.29.51.47
Old 09-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: Hello Everybody

im more than happy to express my opinion now and the fact is if new members are not being able to post once they join because they need to be activated and that takes 6 months. Then them members will find other forums and go and post there.

This forum then ends up quiet because theres only so much the members already here will talk about and then we get bored and look elsewhere. Thats the end. Facebook and the likes does take away a bit but we have had two years of staleness and its showing.

It wont be long before others jump ship and its not recoverable, as soon as new members start posting on other forums they wont come here. I dont go on other forums because i know this one and i have held that mentality for a few years its to much faff to tell people who you are, what you do and try to fit in.

I can post pictures with my photobucket but so many people have gone now. this thread got 3 pages of talk, when i was new. No new members coming through now so ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
  #32   IP: 82.29.51.47
Old 09-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxman View Post
I'm here I look every day, I try to help where I can but don't have any interesting things going off to post about.
you dont have to, but if we had 100 more members this year potentially posting then your knowledge and experience would mean you would post more.

theres only so much 30 people can post between themselves

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #33   IP: 82.29.51.47
Old 09-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Grand Master Architect

incidentally out of nearly 7000 members were running at a active 195, apparently.

3% active members..

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #34   IP: 86.136.13.217
Old 09-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

I can't disagree guys .... pretty dismal statistics ......

I'm on a few others too and aside from Maskinisten .... they're all pretty quiet, which is sad .... for all of them and their members.

Also a member of a lot of FB groups too and am active on most of them .... but try and find anything a few days old on them .....or twitter ..... total 'mare

IMHDO forums will always have a place, even if they are diminished in stature from what they used to be .... there will almost certainly always be a need for the sort of platform they provide people with.