The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 92.51.235.193
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Default Hitachi ZX70LC

hello all.
is there any hitachi zx70 owners on here and what do you think of them.
what are they like compaired to an ex60-5
im looking to buy a a machine, my preference at the minute is a zx70lc or a good clean ex60-5lc
its to do farm work in my own time. i know alot of yas would say go for the 12 or 13ton machines and i understand the reasons
but for me, im in no rush to do the work, easier on diesel, easier transported and stored will be a big plus for me
and hopefully will hold her value pretty well.
any thoughts and info would be great
thanks
  #2   IP: 95.144.37.18
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Hitachi ZX70LC

Hi ZX70lc,
basically you couldn't really go wrong with the Hitachi in my opinion and should be ideal for the applications you describe.

Really it's just a case of your own budget and sourcing a good clean unit as to whether you end up with an EX60 or ZX70 but it's all more of the same proven formula.

They do have the benefit of being very easy to install wider pads with no modifications if you so require and you will be fine with something like 700 or 800mm pads if your ground is wet.

Best of luck with your search and some good guys on here who may look out for you.

Eddie.
  #3   IP: 86.141.99.65
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Knight of the East and West

Hi ZX70LC,

Welcome to the forum. I fully understand your reasoning for going for an 8 tonner and all your points are valid. There's not many farm jobs you can't complete with a good 8 tonner. You won't go wrong with a ZX70 and they will hold there value well and you can sell them on real easy.

Have you considered the ZX85, bit more weight, pumps/slew are higher spec and better balanced?

John
  #4   IP: 92.51.235.193
Old 07-04-2013, 11:37 AM

cheers for the reply lads.
why does the ex60-5 come without foot tracking pedals. does the ex60-5 have the power or pump setup to track and pull yourself along at the sametime if you were in a sticky situation
  #5   IP: 86.141.208.138
Old 07-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx70lc View Post
why does the ex60-5 come without foot tracking pedals. does the ex60-5 have the power or pump setup to track and pull yourself along at the sametime if you were in a sticky situation
A lot of the jap import 60's that were brought in were basic. Solid leather seat with no arm rests. No pedals for tracking. We had one for a wile. I was never as glad to see a machine go out of the yard. It just wasnt nice to drive. The dash one 60 was a great wee machine. Never had experience in a 70. But am sure there a good machine.
  #6   IP: 86.133.47.83
Old 07-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx70lc View Post
Hi There, never did any thing on a zx70, but i would have no fear in going for one! They should be a reliable wee machine, and parts are no problem for them, i stock a fair few bits for the ex60s and im sure the 70s would use alot of them too!

As for the ex60s not having tracking padels, i think the reason is the cab is abit shorter than the 120 etc! I did fit a set to a 60 for a fella a while back, think i might make a set for our soon as well!

We have an EX60-5 our selfs, uk spec with long dipper 600mm pads etc! Great wee machine, and it does have the ability to pull it self out of a wet spot, up piles of soil etc!

Not sure of any hitachis for sale at present, but i do know of a good Volvo ecr88 for sale, not much bigger than a 70 and a nice machine to drive too! Its all down to your own choice i guess!

Ps. where you based at?

Aiden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #7   IP: 92.51.235.193
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
Hi There, never did any thing on a zx70, but i would have no fear in going for one! They should be a reliable wee machine, and parts are no problem for them, i stock a fair few bits for the ex60s and im sure the 70s would use alot of them too!

As for the ex60s not having tracking padels, i think the reason is the cab is abit shorter than the 120 etc! I did fit a set to a 60 for a fella a while back, think i might make a set for our soon as well!

We have an EX60-5 our selfs, uk spec with long dipper 600mm pads etc! Great wee machine, and it does have the ability to pull it self out of a wet spot, up piles of soil etc!

Not sure of any hitachis for sale at present, but i do know of a good Volvo ecr88 for sale, not much bigger than a 70 and a nice machine to drive too! Its all down to your own choice i guess!

Ps. where you based at?

Aiden
hows it going aiden
thanks for your reply there
im in monaghan here, a couple of mile from monaghan town itself
aye im looking something on 600mm pads and long dipper
i have me heart set on a hitachi either the 60-5 or zx70lc
this fella here has a zx70 for sale but im not so sure about it, looks very painted up to me, not that i know much about them to be honest.
i just dont want to be caught out with some dodgy machine.
http://www.krplant.com/details.php?id=38
if you hear or see any good clean 1s about aiden gimme a shout.
i do be looking on donedeal on a regular basis aswell

Tags
ex60, hitachi, zx70