The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Non-Industry Chat

#11   IP: 2.219.34.155
Old 11-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Mobile App

try planimeter, great for the guys on big machinery, you can find an area you are stripping, its on the app, then draw a line round the perimeter which will give you the area of the field plus measurements, its so accurate i can price patio or driveway installs before i arrive to quote.
it basically uses google maps as a piggy back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #12   IP: 90.205.157.136
Old 12-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
mine does not have them , yippee

same here,call me a dinosaur,but a fone is for talking to folk,ok use messages and wife used to send fotos off kids when away from home....but not for me really,Do think they are a hindrance,and safety issue...you cant walk five yards anywhere,folks checking if they missed something,every minute......
  #13   IP: 2.30.202.4
Old 12-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Soverign Grand Inspector General

Solar charger. worth installing just for the reviews!LMFAO

UK Distributors and Installers of: Lincoln Auto Lube Systems | Loadrite Weighing Systems | Alphaview Vehicle CCTV

#14   IP: 86.2.95.149
Old 17-08-2013, 04:31 PM

Smile Re: Mobile App

Try "Whatsapp" its free for the first year then 65pence per year after, the deal is to instal it you MUST have a smartphone and the other person you are sending a text to must also have it installed, so what you get is Unlimited texts/pic texts to any phone anywhere in the world for free! if you install it you will find many other contacts have it and its just a case of sending them a pic out of your library or just take a pic and send it too them, this app is really useful for people who have family abroad, whats interesting is even though all the messages whether it be a picture or a normal text are sent almost within seconds! where as if you send a picture message to a phone lets say in america via your normal service provider like Virgin/02 ect it takes upto an hour for them to receive it?? how it works is it creates a little tunnel between the two phones and uses the internet to send the message rather then go via a company like O2/Virgin/Vodaphone, it uses hardly any of your usage so dont worry!

just google "Whatsapp" there is well over a Hundred million people using it around the world so it speaks volumes eh..

Tags
android, app, downloads, iphone, mobile