The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#11   IP: 81.129.72.1
Old 25-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Default Re: JCB 86c-1 TAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
......... I thought I'd start a thread about it,.............

I found the info on here very useful when researching machines and I hope my experience of this model can help others in the same way..
Congratulations and have to say very well expressed. We have to put in, in order to get out I'm sure many will benefit greatly from your feedback.

Great to see feedback from somebody who quite obviously knows what he wants, steel tracks and a VA boom, many will look and go wtf!

I really hope this machine is all you want it to be and transpires to be the game changer that so many want to see from JCB.
I'm pretty sure the JCB PR machine will be all over this thread (whether they let on or not ) looking for feedback and great pictures.

ON EDIT

I've added a couple of tags to this thread.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AtlasRob; 25-04-2015 at 12:41 PM.
  #12   IP: 86.174.115.48
Old 25-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

sadly the dealings over the last year with the 3cx , i wish you good luck , as i would not waste my time or money on the brand , absolutely shocking what they think is acceptable

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #13   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRTony View Post
Congratulations James.

A beautiful machine there.
Looks to have a hell of a reach.
Plenty of oil piped to the dipper too

I'm sure this thread will create a lot of interest. I certainly know it will for me anyway. Looking forward to seeing more.

The very best of good luck with her.

Tony.
Thanks Tony

One of the reasons I chose the JCB was for its impressive reach, the stats in the brochure don't do it justice. And the JCB VA gives more gain in reach than the other machines I considered.
After buying our JS220 ,as 6 month old example, I vowed never to buy a new machine without all the auxiliary services factory fitted. The JS has an aftermarket hammer line, one way only, it may have saved the original owner a few quid possibly but it's just not the same and it limits future possibilities without further mods. And the way things are going it's all about what you can power on the end of the dipper.

James
  #14   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
Great looking machine James! Really looks beefy with that boom and steel tracks! I for one really hope these machines do what they say on the tin! I do think Jcb have upped there game lately.

Look forward to hearing more on it, it must be the first new type JCB on the forum?

Just need a nice Hurricane tree shear or selector grab for it now
Thanks Aiden

I think they have put a lot of thought into this new model, and metal, as in this configuration it's weighing in at just under 10tonnes.
I also hope it lives up to my expectations, I wouldn't have brought it if I didn't think it could, but you never really know until you've clocked a few hours and given it a good workout.

As for the grab and shear, definitely on the wish list. I have been pondering on a grab for it, it's something that will be of more use than I can imagine I'm sure. The shear would be lovely but im not sure I have the work to warrant one, although these things often bring work once you've got them

James
  #15   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
NICE!!
As said - hell of a reach !!

odd shaped root section on the boom, but VA - you'll not be going back from there!!

Hope it does you (and JCB) proud Boyo !!
Thanks Gra

Yea the reach is astonishing in the flesh, stacked up on paper but when you see it stretched out its quite something! I don't expect to be lifting the earth at full reach but to be able to stretch across a water way or down a batter will be very useful.

James
  #16   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
That is a really nice looking bit of kit there James, and I agree with Aiden the Steels with Two Piece Boom really set it off nicely.

You're so wrong about there being no love about for JCB on here, I'm certain many will agree we've seen some all time classic machines from them when they were at the top of their game, and for me personally I'd love to be operating one of it was on the same level as the competition.

Hopefully this machine will up the profile of the new range enough for some to start and take another look.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how it performs, and what you think the new boom setup adds to the package.

I sincerely hope it proves to be a great purchase for you and I'd like a go please!

Eddie.
Thanks Eddie

The steels were top of my list from the start, and once I realised the VA was available on the machines I was considering then the VA was a must and it really ruled a few others out.
The steels will give me bolt on scope to go wider if neccasary but be a good all rounder in standard form, plus boosting the operating weight in the right area.

I didn't mean to offend by saying there was little love for JCB, I know you have stated before that you would like to see them do well, as would I and many others. Unfortunately recent machines have not lived up to the required standard for some, and this is a sad state of affairs. News travels fast and non faster than bad news. We all know in business a good name is hard to earn but easy to loose, and JCB will have to move mountains to convince some that they can be compared to other brands.

I am sure they have stepped up a notch with these latest models, if the previous model was still available then JCB wouldn't have even been on the list for me.

I am looking forward to putting it through its paces and letting you all know how it's going.

Eddie if you would like a go in the seat to swing the levers then you are more than welcome. Your thoughts on it would be very interesting to many I'm sure.

James

Last edited by Shovelhands; 25-04-2015 at 04:55 PM.
  #17   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggars View Post
Nice machine there, hell of a reach on it as said.
Hope it goes well for you .
Thanks Cheggars

The reach is something else, I will get a pic of it next to another machine for some real world clarity, as its hard to judge the scale from a pic. But it made my mouth open when I streached it out for the first time

James
  #18   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Best of luck with the new machine: I will be very interested to hear how you get on. I like the look of these new diggers and am desperately hoping that they'll be a winner for JCB.
Thanks PD

It will be a dream come true if this machine can help to put right some of the mistakes JCB has made in the past. They desperately need to strengthen there reputation in a few areas. They are after all a British company and I want to be proud to own one, I have had issues in the past with them but I hope
, in these days of social media , that their ears are burning hotter than ever and they take notice of the many opinions offered.

James
  #19   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
Unfortunately anything slightly different from hammer lines and a hitch seems to throw up delays, so I wouldn't hang on that to much. It certainly looks a fantastic machine, was fortunate to see one when they first came out, and the pictures in the magazines etc, do not do them justice at all. looking forward to reading about this, and I'm sure with JCB's PR machine, they'll be pictures of it everywhere

Ollie
Thanks Ollie

I didn't loose any sleep over the long lead time, it was, as you have said, something different and I was prepared for that. Things just got a bit delayed once the machine was off the production line, it seems they were short of a component and this meant it could not be signed out of the factory. It was only disappointing as I had started to pland a few jobs around its predicted delivery date, and when this time came and went I was just left wondering if I'd made the right choice. Pointless crying about it, it was out of my, and the dealers, control, so I just got on with things and now it's here

I look forward to keeping you all posted on progress.

James
  #20   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 25-04-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Congratulations and have to say very well expressed. We have to put in, in order to get out I'm sure many will benefit greatly from your feedback.

Great to see feedback from somebody who quite obviously knows what he wants, steel tracks and a VA boom, many will look and go wtf!

I really hope this machine is all you want it to be and transpires to be the game changer that so many want to see from JCB.
I'm pretty sure the JCB PR machine will be all over this thread (whether they let on or not ) looking for feedback and great pictures.

ON EDIT

I've added a couple of tags to this thread.
Thanks Rob

Sharing of experiences was what I joined the forum for, that and a great laugh, and it wouldn't feel right if I didn't put a little back as you say. This machine hopefully will help me do that, being one of the new gen JCBs and also something a bit different seem like the right thing to do

James

Tags
jcb 86c, jcb 86c-1 tab